[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 637

chief2000:

Stay out of it ;)

Thank you, so emphatic and serious, I get it, and no longer want to take an interest in Martin.

chief2000:

Pips? What is the average value of the Stop Loss?

No, not a pip.

Fixed lot 0.1, for shares half of the lot, locking - also half. Working with the trend. When identifying the trend on H4, we enter the main position when trends on H4 and H1 coincide, and we add in increments on trends of lower TF: on H1 and M30.

Stop Loss is not used as such yet, Take Profit of main positions is calculated dynamically from market volatility, also the volatility determines whether lock orders are trailing the price or staying away from it. If the volatility increases, the pending orders will move to the price if the price moves in their direction. For long positions I use trailing stop with immediate lossless and partial closing. In other words, if you have reached small profit (which size also depends on volatility) you bring it to breakeven and use trailing stop. Upon reaching a profit of 40 points, we partially close with half of the lot (to release funds), at the next 30 points we again close with half of the lot and wait for the rest.

Stopper is an increase of equity by 10 per cent (set in Preferences). This closes all open positions and deletes all pending ones.

Such an incubator... :)

Equity drawdowns are large. I am looking for ways to fight this.
What else? TF M5. I am testing on it now. I plan (after drawdown reduction) to work with other strategies on М5 and then, after debugging each one separately and all together, to move the same to higher TF and finally work with all strategies on all TFs simultaneously...

Roger:
Yes, sometimes it feels like you have an incubator there :-)
:):):)

It's funny... This construction from the textbook generates an error:
datetime Compile = D'';                       // равнозначно D'[дата компиляции] 00:00:00'
And further: it is possible to compare two datetime variables by simply subtracting them:

datetime Var1, Var2;

if (Var1-Var2==0) {same...}

Can someone change the indicator into an EA, so that when it crosses a given MA it closes all positions on the pair it is attached to?
Files:
zldnzc.mq4  6 kb

gordeef:
Can anyone remake an indicator into an EA so that when it crosses a given MA it closes all positions on the pair to which it is attached?
You need to write an EA which will use this indyuk. Turkey is not an Expert Advisor, it is a proud bird... It won't fly until you kick it... :)

artmedia70:
You need to write an EA that will use this turkey. A turkey is not an advisor but a proud bird... You don't kick it, it won't fly... :)

I am not a good EA writer, maybe my brain or hands are not good enough, but I like this indicator.

gordeef:

That's the thing, I'm not a good advisor writer, my brains or hands are probably all wrong, but I like the turkey.
It's not about brains or hands/feet/other limbs, it's about desire and aspiration. You have to start somewhere, so start there.

artmedia70:
It's not about brains or hands/feet/other limbs, it's about desire and aspiration. You have to start somewhere, so start there.

Trying, no mathematical background. I opened MetaEditor and opened "Create EA" and wrote the name of my EA and that is all, I do not know what to do next.

artmedia70:

No, not piping.

Fixed lot 0.1, half a lot for shares, locking lots - also half. Trend working. When identifying the trend on H4, entering the main position when trends on H4 and H1 coincide, and increasing in the amount of shares on trends of lesser TF: on H1 and M30.

Stop-Loss is not used as such yet, Take Profit of main positions is calculated dynamically from market volatility, also the volatility determines whether lock orders are trailing the price or staying away from it. If the volatility increases, the pending orders will move to the price if the price moves in their direction. For long positions I use trailing stop with immediate lossless and partial closing. In other words, if you have reached small profit (which size also depends on volatility) you bring it to breakeven and use trailing stop. Upon reaching a profit of 40 points, we partially close with half of the lot (to release funds), at the next 30 points we again close with half of the lot and wait for the rest.

Stopper is an increase of equity by 10 per cent (set in Preferences). This closes all open positions and deletes all pending ones.

Such an incubator... :)

Equity drawdowns are large. I am looking for ways to fight this.
What else? TF M5. I am testing on it now. I plan (after the drawdown reduction) to work with other strategies on М5 and then, after debugging each one separately and all together, to move the same to higher TF and finally work with all strategies on all TFs simultaneously...

- What drawdown sizes are we talking about?

- Basically, why should we close all the positions with 10% equity increase? I understand if the goal is to reduce drawdowns.

- How is the trend determined?

- Does locking justify itself?

- Could you elaborate a bit more on entries?