[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 625

artmedia70:
That's probably the problem, 226 is a very bad build. Get it down to 225.

Techno:
That's probably the problem, 226 is a very bad build. Get it down to 225
How? I had 225 constantly demanding an update. At every start up, even refused to work...sometimes.

I'm interested in this simple question:

if (OrderProfit()+OrderSwap()>pr) ClosePosBySelect();
This compares position profit with the value of pr variable. I am baffled by the simplest, but important omission in description of this function, which is covered in the textbook:

The OrderProfit() function returns the net profit value (excluding swaps and commissions) for the selected order. For open positions, this is the current unrealized profit. For closed orders, it is the fixed profit. The order must be pre-selected using the OrderSelect() function.

Oh, my... And in what measurement does the function return its value? In points or in price? What value should the pr variable equal, if I want to know if the profit of the position is above 25 points... I.e. pr should be 25 or 25*Point ??????

artmedia70:

I'm interested in this simple question:

This compares position profit with the value of pr variable. I am baffled by the simplest, but important omission in the description of this function covered in the tutorial:

The OrderProfit() function returns the net profit value (excluding swaps and commissions) for the selected order. For open positions, this is the current unrealized profit. For closed orders, it is the fixed profit. The order should be pre-selected using the OrderSelect() function.

Oh crap... And in what dimension does the function return its value? In points or in price? What value should the pr variable equal, if I want to know if the position's profit is 25 pips or less? I.e. pr should be 25 or 25*Point ??????

in price, only 15 min checked. now I myself have a question how to calculate the profit in pips

SZZY: They say some categories of people think alike )))))))))

IgorM:

in price, just checked 15 min. i now have a question myself how to calculate the profit in pips

ZS: they say a certain category of people think alike )))))))))

double Profit = OrderProfit()/Point;

Profit in pips and counts in pips

For buy, pr=(OrderClosePrice()-OrderOpenPrice())/Point;

HELP!

terminal is down - build 226

interesting - it runs but only in a minimized window, reinstalling didn't help, reinstalling with everything uninstalled

artmedia70:
How? I had the 225 constantly demanding an update. Every time it started up, it even refused to work...sometimes.

Download 225. Install and rename LiveUpdate.exe to LiveUpdate.ex$, for example. Will no longer require an update.

granit77:

Download 225. Install and rename LiveUpdate.exe to LiveUpdate.ex$ for example. It will no longer require an update.
OK, thanks. Only one question: DTs offer to work with their accounts on their own terminal - they are all already grounded there. Will I be able to work on the new "old" downloaded one?

IgorM:

HELP!

terminal is down - build 226

interesting - it runs but only in a minimized window, reinstalling didn't help, reinstalling with everything uninstalled

Igor, maybe you saw a link to the 225 build nearby... Maybe that's what you want.