[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 374

Good afternoon, friends.

Please accept my congratulations on the holidays!

Actually, in between battles (holidays, that is) have accumulated a number of questions with which I want to turn to professionals.

Advice, please, if you have time.

1. Is there an indicator/advisor that works on the basis of finding the convergence/divergence?

(e.g. price chart of a currency pair and an MACD indicator;

A price chart and a Stochastic indicator, etc.).

If I'm just starting to program, but I suppose that if people are writing "dynamically changing channels" indicators, then it shouldn't be especially difficult to find adjacent extremums on indicators... although I could be wrong...

2... Do you use any volume indicators when trading Forex?

If so, please advise which ones you find useful.

3. How do you apply MA to an indicator? (e.g. how do I apply MAs to RSI?)

This is a technical question, and probably very "shallow" .... But, confused, can't find it in any way...

4. A lot of books on Forex describe the strategy of B. Williams' "Three screens" strategy.

What is your opinion about the conceptual basis of this strategy?

Please advise the Expert Advisor, on which example you can see a simultaneous analysis of multiple timeframes (when a decision to enter the market is made based on the signals on the higher and lower timeframes)

Many thanks in advance.

chief2000 >>:

..Или Linux :)

I remembered that in my previous job I had to run hours-long optimizations (nothing to do with trading) of SunOS

on SunOS and Linux (they didn't work with Windows). It always ran 2-3 times faster on Linux. There was something about MT4 on Linux somewhere,

But I don't remember the details.

- Is Linux supported? Any information on that would be interesting.

Please tell me if anyone knows why in the log of MT4 terminal there is a warning with a brick in a red circle- (00:06:28 Old tick USDCHF60 1.02929/1.02956 ) .

After I updated the chart manually: 15:38:53 HistoryCenter: synchronize 'GBPUSD60'
15:38:55 HistoryCenter: 2 bars imported in 'GBPUSD60'

It seems that EAs do not trade because of this what should I do?

Morzh09 писал(а) >>

Friends, good afternoon.

.... ...

3. How do I superimpose MAs on an indicator? (e.g. how to apply MA to RSI)

The question is technical, and probably very "shallow" .... But, confused, can't find it in any way...

.....Thank you very much in advance.

Hello, good man!

You can overlay it like this :

Put the RSI indicator on the chart. After that, the mouse lift up to the top edge of its window.

Then using the mouse (strictly- namely the mouse, - not clicking ) we pull the MA indicator (not a custom one) to the chart, preferably MA Properties window gets in the "window frame" of the RSI indicator window.

Further.

Check MA indicator properties, set an option - FIRST INDICATOR-S DATA and press OK. You will get it !

Morzh09 >>:

Друзья, добрый день.

Примите мои поздравления с праздниками!

Собственно, в перерывах между боями (праздниками, тоесть) накопилось ряд вопросов, с которыми хочу обратиться к профессионалам.

Посоветуйте, пожалуйста, если у вас будет время.

1. Есть ли индикатор/советник, работающий на основе нахождения схождений/расхождений?

(например, графика цены валютной пары и индикатора МАCD;

графика цены и индикатора Stochastic и т.д.)

сам я в программировании делаю первые шаги, но, предполагаю, что если народ пишет индикаторы - "динамически изменяющиеся каналы", то особенно сложного в нахождении соседних экстремумов на индикаторах тоже быть не должно... хотя, могу ошибаться...

2. Используете ли вы при торговле на Forex какие-либо индикаторы объемов?

Если да, посоветуйте, пожалуйста, какие вы считаете полезными.

3. Как накладывать МА на индикатор? (например, как наложить МА на RSI)

Вопрос технический, и, наверняка, очень "неглубокий".... Но, запутался, никак не могу найти...

4. В большом количестве книг по Forex описывается стратегия Б. Уильямса "Три экрана".

Каково ваше мнение о концептуальных основах данной стратегии?

Подскажите пожалуйста советник, на примере которого можно посмотреть одновременный анализ нескольких таймфреймов (когда решения о вхождении в рынок принимается при соответствии сигналов на старших и более младших таймфреймах)

Заранее, большое вам спасибо.

1. The task is not as easy as you think - both the channels and the divergence can be constructed in different ways - first try to describe exactly how you are going to do it in words, and then think about how to implement it in the code. Personally, I've given up using divergence - in my opinion, it is practically useless for determination of entries. Rather, it can be used to determine inexpediency of entry:)

2. I used to use it once; now I only consider smoothed volumes as one of parameters of a context model (today's trendy word :)))

3. See previous answer, and if you need programmatically, iMAOnArray() will help you

4. I think this idea already smells musty. But if you like using different TFs, use them as you like but keep in mind that they do not fundamentally change anything. My advice - do not waste your time, stop reading books about various strategies, you won't get a single good idea from them. The reason, I suppose, is not necessary to explain. Better start thinking and analyzing yourself - this is the only way to success, which may take more than one year, but if you have patience, you will get results.

chief2000 >>:

Вспомнил что по своей прошлой работе приходилось гонять многочасовые оптимизации (никак не связано с торговлей) программ

на SunOS и Linux (с Windows не работали). На Линюксе всегда бежало в 2-3 раза быстрее. Тут где-то попадалось что-то про МТ4 на Линюксе,

но деталей не помню.

- Поддерживается ли Линюкс? Любая информация об этом будет интересна.

if you're in a rush, get yourself some Wine and go for it:)))

Could you please help me?

I cannot place pending orders on the Strategy Tester, but on my Demo account the EA has pending orders,

Is this supposed to be like this, or am I doing something wrong?

Hi all!

Is there any way to programmatically write into any EA that when it opens orders it looks not at

AccountBalance(

)

or Free Funds, but the value set in variable Balance ?

Bion >>:

Подскажите пожалуйста

На тестере не выставляются отложенные ордера, а на демо счете советник откладывает,

это так и должно быть, или у меня что-то неправильно?

Is there something wrong with you what?

have you tried looking in the logbook? what does it say?

Nail_Saby >>:

Всем привет!

Есть ли возможность программно записать в любой советник, чтобы он при открытии ордеров смотрел не

AccountBalance(

)

или Свободные средства, а значение заданное переменной Balance ?

please specify what is meant by "watch"?