[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 221

Question about tick modelling - ran the Expert Advisor through the tester on the Daily timeframe for the last year.

Before that I downloaded the history from the archive for all(!) timeframes, from Day to 1 minute,

for the period from 1999 to today.

As far as I understand "a lot of grey" in the tick simulation bar is bad!

What is the reason, if there is a history for the whole period in question?

napaceHok >>:
napaceHok писал(а) >>

Стоп стоп стоп. а как это программно сделать ? Дело в том, что эксперт меняет период средней и, соответственно, нужно реализовать так, что-бы вид средней менялся с появлением каждого нового бара. Т.е. чтоб средняя как бы "плясала".

MrSoros 11.09.2009 14:03

Это сложней... А тебе достаточно будет одной (последней) точки?

----

Нет, не достаточно.

В идеале есть два варианта:

1. "старую" среднюю прибивать, а новую инициализировать.

2. менять период у старой и перерисовывать.

Только для этого вначале нужно научиться динамически отрисовывать хотя бы одну среднюю.

Есть мысли?

As you realise:

1. it cannot be implemented in an indicator;

2. you have to draw it using an Expert Advisor.

The variant is as follows - above (under, inside) each bar draw a point symbol.

The coordinate "price" will have to be recalculated each time the МА period changes.

And we should draw points over the last N bars (I think 100 will be enough).

The last one should be deleted as soon as a new bar appears and a new point should be drawn for a new bar.

The MA will be schematically shown on these points.

This wild process will severely slow down the code execution.

There cannot be any other visualization variants.

MrSoros писал(а) >>

As you realise:

The coordinate "price" will have to be recalculated each time the МА period changes.

The last one should be deleted as soon as a new bar appears and a new point should be drawn for a new bar.

The MA will be schematically shown on these points.

There simply cannot be any other visualization options. imho.

Damn, you are right!

Well, ok, I'll keep on spinning.

Thanks a lot for the thoughts. :-)

MrSoros >> :

As you realise:

The MA will be shown schematically at these points.

There cannot be other variants of visualization.

You can write a drawing function in your Expert Advisor during visual testing.

an array of N bars should be filled with values of MA,

draw a line segment OBJ_TREND on the adjacent values.

It should be fast enough, even if you update the entire array and create/delete objects on every tick.

Swan писал(а) >>

You can write a drawing function in the EA during visual testing.

An array of N bars is filled with values of MA,

draw bars OBJ_TREND by adjacent values.

It should work fast enough, even if the entire array is updated at every tick and objects are created/deleted.

In essence, the principle is the same...

Thanks. :-)

I wonder what horizontal scale is applied (meaning no numbers 2, 6, 10, 14, etc.) in the detailed report:

chief2000 >> :

Question about tick modelling - ran the Expert Advisor through the tester on the Daily timeframe for the last year.

Before that I downloaded the history from the archive for all(!) timeframes, from Day to 1 minute,

for the period from 1999 to today.

As far as I understand "a lot of grey" in the tick simulation bar is bad!

What is the reason for this, if there is a history for the whole period in question?

If the whole strip is all of the available history, then of that, the green is the one being tested and the grey is left untouched.

The main thing is to have at least 90% modelling quality.

Shurik740 >> :

If the whole bar is all the available history, then of that, the green one is the one being tested, and the grey one is left untouched.

The main thing is that the modelling quality is at least 90%.

That's right - I only tested one year (it's highlighted in green <- I didn't know the rest would be grey), the quality is 90% and so it's ok :)

Thanks!

Colleagues, please advise how to display current spread and bid/ask price in ObjectSetText for OBJ_LABEL - that is what changes with each tick. Comment is not suitable as there are clear coordinates on the screen where I would like to see this.

Alex5757000 >> :
Colleagues, please advise how I can display current spread and bid/ask price in ObjectSetText for OBJ_LABEL - that is what changes with every tick. Comment is not suitable as there are clear coordinates on the screen where I would like to see it.

Would a fiche likethis not work?