[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 205

RomanS >> :

Yes, really how? I even know your answer, they saved 3p on the spread.

But to be honest I don't understand it all the way...

Honestly, it's not out of nowhere... and no savings... as blasphemous as that sounds.

There is no free money and will never be.

Compensation arises due to the fact that by opening a counter position we have already "paid" the same 30 from the example.

For at the time the loc was opened the profit was 430 !

Shall I continue? ;)

Nevertheless, not knowing this when using a loca often can really make you lose!

That's what some opponents are writing about...

(and I answer them: you just don't know how to cook them :)))

And mathematically from overlapping, i.e. locking, we lose nothing.

i.e. breaking one, if not the only (apart from the swap), argument against it.

But we shouldn't go to extremes and cover everything only with overlaps...

granit77 >> :

I don't see how this can be related to the template name. Do an experiment, run with the template, then rename the template, manually put everything the template put in and compare when running without the template. IMHO, the difference should not be.

To kombat:

And I didn't know about offline.tpl! Thanks.

Lag can be due to the template, if the template is baked a bunch of graphical objects, some "retarded" Indicators, etc.. The person just needs to open a completely empty template, without anything at all, change colours and save it (assumption).

Regarding slowdown of tester's work - some time ago I've observed very strange phenomena (I've mentioned about it somewhere), e.g. series of several comments (/* ... */), closing whole code modules. I'm sure there are other tricks, too.

chief2000 >> :

The slowdown may be due to the template, if the template has a lot of graphical objects...

As for the slowdown of the tester - some time ago I've observed some very strange phenomena...

I meant it, when I offered to use same environment with and without template.

As for the tester slowdown, it is a black hole for me. Sometimes such tricks happen with absolutely harmless Expert Advisors that one can hardly believe, but everything is OK in the log. Therefore I will not dare to give any advice, except for the simplest of cases. I wish I could figure it out for myself :))

Hello, I am trying to write in mql4. The next line of my Expert Advisor gives error 130 (ERR_INVALID_STOPS - wrong stops):

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,MyLots,Ask,0,Ask-SL*Point,0, "buy",0,0,Red) - here I am trying to buy a currency with a stop loss SL (number of points)

Maybe my stop loss is too small? My Expert Advisor is working on EUR/USD, SL=35.

What is the mistake, please help me, thank you.

What brokerage company?

What are the quotes there? 4 or 5 digits?

Did you run the Expert Advisor in the Strategy Tester? Try to run it with a bigger stop.

rid писал(а) >>

Which brokerage house?

What are the quotes there? 4 or 5 digits?

Broco Trader, 5 digits (e.g. 1.43026).

I see. In Broco-trader it's not the 5 digits, it's the 4 digits!

You downloaded the wrong platform.

You downloaded the mt4 platform BROKO-INVESTOR. (And not a Broco-trader).

Also, did you include a specific feature of the Broco platform in your code?

You cannot open a position and set stops at the same time there.

You must programmatically open a position in 2 steps. First of all, it opens. And then the setting of stops.

See posts 1 and 2 in 'Useful functions from KimIV'.

rid писал(а) >>

I see. In Broco-trader it's not the 5 digits, it's the 4 digits!

You downloaded the wrong platform.

You downloaded the mt4 platform BROKO-INVESTOR. (Not Broco Trader).

The window title says Broco Trader 4.0 and the quotes on the chart have 5 decimal places... I may be confused, because of my lack of practice, but Broco Investor probably can't open transactions and most likely doesn't have a demo account. But I have both.

cdover >> :

In the header of the window it says Broco Trader 4.0 and on the chart quotations with 5 decimal places... maybe I confuse things, because of lack of practice, but in fact in Broco Investor most likely it is impossible to make transactions and work with a demo account there probably is not. I have both.

One of us two is not quite (to put it mildly) adequate. OK! I agree! -

Let that person be me.

And I will with stupid persistence continue to claim that I and everyone else in the mt4 Broko-trader on currencies - not 5, but 4 decimal places!

rid писал(а) >>

One of us two is not quite (to put it mildly) adequate. Okay!

Let that person be me. And I will with stupid stubbornness continue to argue that I and everyone else in mt4 Broco-trader on currencies - not 5, but 4 decimal places!

MyScreen