Trailing funds function (equity) - has anyone come across a ready-made one? - page 7

Please tell me what "RepeatTimeinSec" means, which is 1 by default.

This parameter indicates the delay time between cycles of the script in seconds and is set to 1 by default. i.e. the cycle update (price scanning by the script) occurs 1 time per second.

I haven't reread the thread, so please don't kick me if I have.

The problem with creating a 'trailing profit' is the sharpness of the jump with crossing even through 0 profit.

Which we actually track...

In general, with the methods I found, it was not possible to solve this problem adequately.

But, I have such a thought while working with currency basket now...

What if we track pips? i.e. in full analogy with standard t-c. ;)

Suppose "t-c" is set to 15 pips, function SummPips() constantly monitors it, and as soon as it exceeds this value, it "switches on" the trawl,

it "switches on" the trawl that "remembers" the current maximal level and closes the level as soon as profit in pips < 0 (or more).

And then as usually, profit is higher, we pull up the "level of closing in pips" ...

Good afternoon, everyone.

Please advise.

My EA works like this:

I want to put an equity trawl in it to minimize the drawdown.

However, none of the trawls described here is good enough. It is because the BALANCE (blue) is always bigger than the current EQUITY (green) as it can be clearly seen on the chart!

Positions are opened/closed differently, they are often locked and up to 50 oppositely directed positions can be opened simultaneously.

I've already twisted my brain inside out! I cannot figure out how to implement an equity trawl - without being bound to a balance.

How can I write a simple equity trawl here?

No answer....

Apparently, there are no smart men on this forum !

Maybe someone has some ideas after all ?

Rita >> :

But none of the trawls described here are suitable. Because when the EA works, the BALANCE (blue) is always larger than the current EQUITY (green), as can be clearly seen on the chart !

It will not work because you have to trawl the profit, not the loss. And for a profit, you need to raise equity above the balance as a minimum.

The point is that such tactics "by definition" cannot raise equity above the balance.

However, the profit is gradually accumulating in the account, as can be seen from the chart.

But here - an idea has just occurred to me. Or rather, it was suggested in my personal message by another forum visitor (I was too shy to post it here - ....).

That you can try to set a virtual, assumed line of balance, which will be below the real line at a distance DELTA - parallel (or almost parallel) to the real line - for example

double virtual_line = ( AccountBalance()-DELta)

and then dance from it and interact with the Equity line.

Rita >> :

The point is that such tactics "by definition" cannot raise equity above the balance.

However, the profit is gradually accumulating in the account, as can be seen from the chart.

But here - an idea has just occurred to me. Or rather, it was suggested in my personal message by another forum visitor (I was too shy to post it here - ....).

That you can try to set a virtual, assumed line of balance, which will be below the real line at a distance DELTA - parallel (or almost parallel) to the real line - for example

double Virtual_Line = ( AccountBalance()-DELT)

To rewind and interact with "Equity" line.

Once again, it is only possible to trawl if there is a profit. Otherwise there is nothing to trawl yet.

Just for the record, the balance line is easily adjustable when opening more than 1 trade and has no value at all. It can, for example, be dropped below 0, i.e. have a negative balance and nothing bad will happen if the equity is much higher than the margin call. Balance is even more virtual with open positions than the virtual crutches you are about to apply.

But it only makes sense to trawl when the equity line is above the balance line, i.e. open positions have a profit.

Rita >> :

double Virtual_Line = ( AccountBalance()-DELT)

and start dancing from it and interact with the Equity line.

Rita, forget about the balance, what for do you need it?

You need to trawl equity, don't you? So trawl equity,

any trawl function or advisor can be adapted to the task

alexx_v >> :

Rita, forget about the balance, what do you need it for?

You need to trawl equity, don't you? So trawl equity,

>> any trawl function or Expert Advisor can be re-designed to fit the task.

How can I trawl equity if my EA always shows negative profit?

I.e. - no profit - but a current loss (- such is the specifics of the EA, each position is closed (mostly) in the plus, but all open positions are in the total loss).