who ! who ! but me to school............ - page 7

link
MT-4 window Navigator/Trading functions/OrderSend

int OrderSend( string symbol, int cmd, double volume, double price, int slippage, double stoploss, double takeprofit, string comment=NULL, int magic=0, datetime expiration=0, color arrow_color=CLR_NONE) 
//string symbol =это строка с названием торгуемой пары. Как называется так и пишем, например: "EURUSD"
Each indicator also has parameters such as
the same Symbol to be traded and the timeframe (period)

Korey писал(а) >>

link
MT-4 window "Navigator"/Trading functions/OrderSend

Also each indicator has parameters such as
the same Symbol to be traded and the timeframe (period)

To be honest, if this answer is for me, I don't understand. I don't have any trading functions in my navigator... i asked for an advisor, not an indicator. if i was not able to understand it, sorry for the inconvenience. i guess it's too early to even ask questions

to azik1111
Sorry,

Navigator window opens from MetaEditor
icon = "book".
the "Navigator" has a "Dictionary" sub-window.
i.e. it should have been written like this:
"Navigator/Vocabulary/Trade Functions.
Metalang calls help by cursor position in program code by pressing F1 key,
I.e. looking at code - put cursor on the obscure and press F1 to get help - Dictionary
Another tip: Look harder, don't be afraid to make a mistake.

We have a whole series of MQL4 tutorials with examples, feel free to learn =)

Dear programmers. Can you advise me, which is the best place to start learning, C++ or C#? And in what development environment? Is MS Visual Studio 2008 Express suitable for a beginner? I plan to write Win applications in the future.

MS Visual Studio 2008 Express for the beginner
alex_smith >>:
MS Visual Studio 2008 Express для начинающего.

Did you download the book or buy it. If you've downloaded it, please give me the link. It won't suit you for studying C++. It contains methods of working with Visual Studio. A good book on the language is "C++ without fear". It is realistic to learn most parts of the language (although they say that almost all the basics). To learn the visual part you need to read it afterwards. I have learned it (but I already knew MQL). I have made dll for my Expert Advisor in 3 days for calculation of diverters, which I have done very well thanks to the material, mentioned in the book. I made it in Visual Studio 2008.

Learning to learn, self-education, etc.
is best done in an environment that
that attracts you, pins you down, beckons you, draws you in.
A programmer is someone who sharpens himself.

For example:
programming mathematics for accounting and forecasting is XL +VB
Mathematics as a calculator is Matlab + C, Fortran
i.e. specialized, but not too interfacing environments with advanced programming.

Further
In initial training environment, it is mandatory to have easy display of results.
+There must also be the tasks that may be desired to solve. The flow of tasks. Flow of interesting data.
+There have to be conditions for checking results.
i.e.
Either it's developed pre-set graphic templates + Chief)))
or.... ready-made terminal
MT-4 is that "convenient environment" for initial training.

What's wrong with VS? For the same purposes, it's perfect, in particular I liked 2008 Express for its simple interface, nothing is superfluous, nothing is confusing. It's perfect for a beginner. You just create a console project and that's it. You are welcome to display everything you want to see on your console.

So whoever can create a project that outputs something in a graph
is not a beginner.
And if the console is in DOS style, so it won't be interesting.
MQL in this sense is more friendly.
ALL INCLUDED
only not everyone can find where)))) well, it's MQ policy

and another interesting observation - those who started with VC, and others like it - really are generating in meters,
but their programming mindset is not so great.
Learning must begin with structural methods because!)) structural programming is the basis of objects.

Hello, can you tell me where I can download C++? Preferably in Russian. For the purpose of learning the language and minimal needs for linking with mql4. Proganye under Windows is more of a distant dream and a goal at the same time. The links can be in a private message, if here is not an option. Thanks for the reply.