"Miracle", "digital" "group" movement indicator - page 10

Why ? ))))))))))))

Because currency indices can be calculated however you like and you can get a variety of properties.

This:

Индексы надо расчитывать так, чтобы не было потери информации.

doesn't make sense to me. What if I want to lose some of the information I don't need and amplify the other? It turns out that the output is distorted. But, if it helps to trade...?

Zhunko:

is not clear to me. What if I want to lose some unnecessary information and reinforce other information? It turns out that the output is distorted. But, if it helps to trade...?

No problem. Another thing is that it is already wrong to call it an index. Call your indicator by some other buzz word. It might even increase your income. For example from selling it...

;)

MetaDriver:

No problem. Another thing is that it is already wrong to call it an index. Call your indicator by some other buzz word. It might even increase your income. For example from selling it...

;)

Right or wrong... It does not matter. Indices can be calculated in any way you want. It's different for each target. No matter how you look at it, they are indices. Just different weights.

And it's not for sale.

Zhunko:

Right or wrong... It doesn't matter. The indices can be calculated however you like. Different for each target. No matter how you look at it, they are indices. Just different weights.

And it's not for sale.

Don't even try to engage me in a terminology argument. I just gave you the idea of streamlining your own terminology. You don't want to use it, don't take it. The public will even support you. They love confusing terminology. You don't have to feed it to them.

For me, however, the currency index is quite strict and calculated unambiguously (for a specific currency basket), and therefore can be right or wrong respectively. And the dimensionality is unambiguously defined and therefore can be traded in the form of portfolios or arbitrage.

MetaDriver:

Don't even try to engage me in a terminology argument. I'm just giving you an idea for your own terminology. If you don't want to use it, don't take it. The public will even support you. They love confusing terminology. It's a real problem.

For me, the currency index is a strict notion and is calculated uniquely (for a specific currency basket), and therefore it may be correct or incorrect respectively. And the dimensionality is unambiguously defined and therefore can be traded in the form of portfolios or arbitrage.

"You just don't know how to cook them..."

Prival 07.10.2010 23:18

hrenfx
:
You contradict yourself. On the one hand you say you know how to get the crosses out of the majors. On the other hand, you don't know enough about the majors to get the crosses from the majors.

No it isn't. You can get crosses from majors, but you need a full matrix to determine currency movements.

Judging by the answer, I understand you say that if a more complete matrix is important, it is not the prices that are calculated using the crosses, but the speed of reaching these prices that can be observed.

through the tick volume, i.e. through the frequency of arrival of price data.... please correct if i am wrong.

And in general, is it enough to get a pair (say EUR/USD) prediction with data from the thermal domain for all pairs containing EUR and USD or should we take into account the data on metals futures and other instruments as well?

By the way, I wonder which instrument has the largest volumes all the time (tick volumes) ?

or perhaps data from a single DT is not enough to anticipate