Casting a net of pending orders and catching fish called profit - page 5

YuraZ писал (а) >>

If you suddenly jumped and missed the level

1 it is possible to enter the market (in a certain interval).

2 it is possible to put a pending order with a violation of the grid

Well, that's not the same algorithm at all. It needs a lot of testing and verification on the real world. In the algorithm I use, orders are always set strictly according to the grid.

This algorithm has been tested during manual trading for several years, though not by me, but there are links to servers where this trading took place. During these years there were no losses, although the drawdowns are large.

Only their profitability was much lower than mine. Because I had the optimum grid pitch and takeprofit set.

YuraZ писал (а) >>

this is the level - size in pips

If your goals are "small" :-) in pips, you can't do without it.

the targets are not small :).... but sometimes you have to place an opening order close to the price.... pondering, experimenting....

in general:

MODE_STOPLEVEL 14 Minimum stop loss/stake profit level in pips

MODE_FREEZELEVEL 33 Level of freezing of orders in pips. If the execution price is within the limits specified by the freezing level, the order cannot be modified, canceled or closed.

I think it is sufficient to request it once at init, especially with a margin (the code has one)..... I am not sure if it needs to be done more often - I will add the code, no questions asked :)

We are crawling somewhere else in this discussion :).

What does the topicstarter have to say? :)

I wonder why the DCs do not introduce a strict definition for the gridiron, e.g. the number of permitted failed orders or the number of changes in an order. No restrictions means no violations. There is no definition of "bad man" in the criminal code.

rider писал (а) >>

the targets are not small :) .... but sometimes you have to put an open order next to the price.... i'll have a think, i'll experiment....

then

stop level > your level

so it's a bigger STOPLEVEL

there is a brokerage house where it equals 0

i.e. place an ORDER within the spread!

geopoint писал (а) >>
I wonder why grids are not strictly defined by grids, for example number of allowed open orders or number of changes in an order. If there are no limitations then there is no abuse. There is no definition of "bad man" in the criminal code.

:-) There is no official definition of pipsing either

which gives us some leeway

Every broker's RULES are different in this respect

---

When you play cards with a cheat, he has a couple of trumps up his sleeve :-)

---

oops, pips ? take less spread !

oops! pipsing ? keep the trade under 5 minutes ?

oops, are you pipsing?

---

1p

2p

3pts

7pts

... there is a mistake here and everyone has a mistake to make

30pts

50 not a pip

100 not a pip

YuraZ писал (а) >>

then.....

why bring it to the point of absurdity.... I've written before: everything can be solved - the main thing is the POINT:)

And, essentially, has anyone managed to do anything with this "grid" ..... and if yes, in what variant - no need for subtleties, no one is going to torture - just "yes" or "no" and on what basis : time-preceding movement-indicator or something else?

Anyway, all we're doing here is trying to latch on to some meaningful market property that (if really meaningful) will work in most cases..... so how..... worked out for anyone? :)))

rider писал (а) >>

why bring it to the point of absurdity.... i wrote before: everything can be solved - the main thing is the PURPOSE:)

Well, if you have to get in the spread on the grid, then it makes sense (and it's not absurd at all).

you just have to consider the STOPLEVEL

YuraZ писал (а) >>

>> well, if the grid has to stand inside the spread!

I didn't have any such nets :)

rider писал (а) >>

And, essentially, has anyone managed to do anything with this "grid" ..... and if yes, in what variant - no need for subtleties, no one is going to torture - just "yes" or "no" and on what basis: time-preceding movement-indicator or something else?

Anyway, all we're doing here is trying to latch on to some meaningful market property that (if really meaningful) will work in most cases..... so how..... worked out for anyone? :)))

no. pending orders are long overdue to realise - complete nonsense. You can only catch fish for a cat (sometimes), but it's easy to feed it to a shark a la broker. along with the nets:) and also along with the fisherman:) it happens.