Forex strategies - page 7

SamMan:

All the widths of all the channels (let's call it that) for the coming day are known to us at 00:00 of that very day.

You recently, in one of the threads, talked very nicely about key phrases :).... this is it.

Now I have to quote myself :)

rider wrote (a):
So, what have we agreed upon?

Conditions for Open Buy/Sell:
- the amplitude of the daily movement is equal (almost equal - +-% is chosen when optimizing) to the N-day (chosen) average daily range
- The price is near (+-% is being adjusted) its minimum/maximum daily value

. In general, there is some confusion with the terms: I understand "range" as amplitude without reference to the prices, but "channel" .... well a channel is a channel....

Damn, how one can write one thing and mean it in another way. I understood the topic that we are not determining the channel, but the average daily volatility\range in N days - it makes more sense. Just imagine what channel may be formed in 60 (in the beginning) days (from low to high) and when the price gets to its limits, if it is in the middle of this interval? - All that is bright: 5-10 deals a year, and he told about several deals a day..... - that's the point, we are not bound to any levels, but just watch for the ranges to become approximately equal at a certain time, and only then we place orders from the current daily limits ......

And we should decide on the current levels and boundaries from which we will start dancing

It may be off-topic a bit, but what you suggest is called "Primitive Technical Outlook" - I've lived a long time, remember a lot :)..... once even wrote some experts on it...nothing good came out of it. The description is in the attachment, if you're interested.

Files:
ppp.rar  55 kb

SamMan:

until we know the bands and then we can decide

All the widths of all the channels (let's call it that) for the coming day are known to us at 00:00 of the same day. What else we may not know? If our system = waiting for a bounce from the 60-Day Channel - we have everything on our hands by 00:00. At the same second we are ready to place Buy/Sell stop orders(since at 00:00 the price is in the conditional middle of the channel).

there, at the beginning of the post, we were talking about the previous day's range.... That's why I asked, because I don't understand how it is connected with this case.

Ah, yes! The point is that you can build a channel on its borders within (last) 60, 55, 30, 25... days. Or you can do it in 1 (yesterday). No one knows which channel is the right one. So we'll take any or the average of them all. We're not seriously thinking of taking the absolute low and settling in the opposite direction, are we? So we take it like this - a channel of 1...60 days. :) They, in fact, will not make a cosmic difference.

A more tricky approach - to take the channel for each day, based on some market feature (volatility, for example). But this is where the nuances come in.

But if you have thoughts on "algorithmic", then you are open to it
Similarly, but for now it is nothing more than a wish to myself and the future TS. We can start with the parameters of the TS, and then "algorithmize" them (I mean parameters).

Why at 00:00, the price is in the conditional middle of the channel? What channel are we talking about? If you mean the middle of the next day's daily range, then it's not so. That's why you cannot know the levels of setting the pending orders at this moment. They will be determined only by the moment the current daily range reaches the middle range value, this is what the author meant.

Once again, about terms. :)

We don't have any channels, let's forget that word altogether - it only confuses things. There are only two ranges/high amplitude/low.....

1. Average range\amplitude in N days

The amplitude of the current day.

We compare them and nothing else. And if the comparison is correct, then we trade from max\min D0.....

By the way, where is the "transport manager"? :)

Если имеется ввиду середина дневного диапазона будущего дня то это не так.

Ah, yes!!! We know the range (well - we think we know) of the day ahead, but not the absolute values of the quotes at which this range will be reached. So the observation is accepted:

They will be determined only by the time the current daily range reaches the value of the average range

That's right - we act in such a way, i.e. we wait for the moment. So we need exactly market orders.

We do not have any channels. Let's forget about this word here.
OK - the terminology has been defined. What remains to be decided is the correct application of it to trading. :))

SamMan:
OK - we have defined the terminology. Now we have to decide how to correctly apply it to trading. :))

Yes, it's easier with the rules, but the correctness of them....... :)

I have some doubts..... played a little with the ATR period on the diaries: if we take 60, then everything jumps unpredictably - with optimisation the fit may turn out, the stability is somewhere closer to 100 starts....

In general, to write and count need..... Sunday, I do not want :).