Forex strategies - page 4

khorosh:
Sart
What timeframe are you working on?

Yes, the timeframe size does not play any role in this case. However, during the operation of the Expert Advisor that shows the dynamics of the

However, because when an Expert Advisor showing dynamics of the current day range development works, the range widening is accompanied by moving of a dashed line which is fixed as a solid line when changing a bar, then, in shallow timeframes a psychological impact occurs.

timeframes create psychological tension from the constant flickering. In order not to get out of the equilibrium, a bar of 30 minutes is acceptable for me, for example. Perhaps for you,

a different bar length will be suitable for you.

There is a suitable i-DayRange indicator on the kimIV website.

The strategy is very interesting, even the simplest Expert Advisor based on it gives good results.

Да, в принципе, величина таймфрейма здесь никакой роли не играет.

Exactly! And this is undoubtedly a plus for this strategy. Since only daytime highs/lows count, so do TFs from daytime and below. The points of interest will be the same everywhere.

khorosh:
There is a suitable daily range indicator " i-DayRange " on kimIV's website.

Great indicator ! Many thanks to Igor ! With Igor Kim's permission we will modify it (retaining his copyright links)

and get an indicator with three lines:

1. line_1 - current_day_range/mean_range_over_60_previous_days

2 Line_2 - maximum_price_of_the_current_day - current_price

Line_3 - current_price - minimum_price_of_the_current_day

And then conditions for a possible position opening would look like this

- down position : Line_1 >= 1.00 && Line_2 == 0

- Up position : Line_1 >= 1.00 && Line_3 == 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although, of course, it is not very nice to mess with someone else's indicator. Maybe you should ask Igor Kim to modify his indicator:

1. To introduce the parameter AverageDayNumber - Number of days preceding the current day to calculate the average daily range

2. Add three mentioned lines

3. Next to the value of the current day's daily range, display the average daily range for the AverageDayNumber of days.

These three lines, I think, would be a good idea to display in a histogram syde. Each line has its own separate window.

Igor, if you have time, please call me back, if you need money for this, I will gladly pay you.

Igor did not reply, so I took the liberty of modifying his indicator myself:

//Introduced three additional lines:
//Line #3 - upper limit of average range for the previous extern int AverageDayNumber days
//this limit is obtained by adding the value of average range to the lower limit of the current daily range
//Line #4 - lower limit of average range for the previous extern int AverageDayNumber days
//this limit is obtained by subtracting the value of average range
//Line #5 - average line for the previous extern int AverageDayNumber days range
//two lines are introduced to
// - the value of the average range for the previous extern int AverageDayNumber days
// - the ratio of the value of the average current day range to the value of the average range for the previous extern int AverageDayNumber days
// Four time lines are introduced:
// - current day start - 00.00.00 Alpari(GMT+2) time
// - Start of European session - 07.00 GMT+2 time
// - Start of American session (NYSE open) - 14.00 GMT+2 time
// - End of Day - 00.00 GMT+2 time

For anyone interested, see attached file.

Files:

Sart:

And then the conditions for a possible position opening would look like this

- down position : Line_1 >= 1.00 && Line_2 == 0

- Up position: Line_1 >= 1.00 && Line_3 == 0

Yes, that's how I perceive the price conditions too. But to formalise the entry conditions strictly, time filters should also be added (if Line_1 < 1.00 to 8.00 and Line_1 >= 1.00 to 14.00, etc.; this is just an example, of course).

Gentlemen, don't torture the indicator, here's the simplest expert I wrote about above, there are comments, I hope you understand.

Files:

xrust:

Gentlemen, don't torture the indicator, here's the simplest expert I wrote about above, there are comments, I hope you understand.

Thank you, I'll take a look... But such an indicator wouldn't hurt.

xrust:

Gentlemen, don't torture the indicator, here's a simple expert, about which I wrote above, there are comments, I hope you understand.

Could you please post the test results?

khorosh:

How to merge the Pound/Dollar and Euro/Dollar minute history ?