Session Only Charts

Is it possible to have charts on MT5 that are based on a specific timeframe?

For example if I wanted a Daily Chart only showing the New York session.

Isaiahik46 :

Is it possible to have charts on MT5 that are based on a specific timeframe?

For example if I wanted a Daily Chart only showing the New York session.

No, this is not possible, since candle D1 contains the entire day. But if you want to see trading sessions on H1 (or smaller) charts, you need to:

• or use an indicator based on 'DRAW_COLOR_CANDLES' - in this case, you can show only those candles that are within the specified time range
  • or use an indicator that draws markings (usually graphical objects like rectangles) of trading sessions
Search CodeBase for 'session'

Isaiahik46: Is it possible to have charts on MT5 that are based on a specific timeframe? For example if I wanted a Daily Chart only showing the New York session.

Although the previous post states that it is not possible, it is actually POSSIBLE, but requires programming skills.

You can create a Custom Symbol on MetaTrader 5, built with only the OHLC M1 data from that session (e.g. New York). In this way, irrespective of whichever time-frame you choose for your chart, it will only contain data from that session.

In order to produce such a Custom Symbol, you would have to program a Service, Indicator or EA, to build it and keep it updated.

Just as a side note, on MetaTrader 4, this can also be done using Offline Charts.