What I would like from the "terminal" as a professional programmer. Another thread with wishes for MQL5. - page 7

goto is needed so that you don't have to rework what's already in place,
i.e. to have goto is to have compatibility and portability of algorithms,
not to waste time on re-designing logic and subsequent testing.
GOTO is the same billions of man hours when there were already hackers but no internet yet.
If I had ideas that didn't fit into the MQ, I would work with MT+Mathlab,
2) If I had ideas that do not fit in MQ, I would work with MT+Mathlab, since MT+MT trades excellently, and there is no problem to trade from Matlab.
I HAVE no ideas that do not fit into MQ, precisely because I do not allow myself to think about what does not fit into MQ))

Korey писал (а) >>
HOWEVER, I don't have any ideas that don't fit in the MQ precisely because I don't allow myself to think about things that don't fit in the MQ))

+1;

GOTO - needed!

VBAG писал (а) >>

+1;

GOTO - needed!

+1

if only because any processor commands have a JMP command

YuraZ писал (а) >>

+1

if only because all processor commands have a JMP command

Yura! What, you're drawn to asm too? >> Isn't that funny?

It's because of this command (JMP) that MQL4 probably lacks GOTO operator. I read in one clever book that the compiler needs to perform two passes to take into account all waits (in our case it's GOTO). And in some cases even more. Hence the performance loss and so on and so forth.

goto is a necessary luxury, and should be used wisely, not shoved across the line. Does MQ have a reasonable argument according to which its absence is justified ("love of good coding style" is not a reasonable argument)?

I would like to implement a Linux terminal for the future. It should be able to work without any wine-ins.

VBAG писал (а) >>

Yura! What, you're into Asmus too? Is it fun?

Only as needed!

It's like a rake and a shovel - each tool has its own use.

---

If you write in ASM, you can't do without jmp (goto).

when writing in C, you can do without JMP to the detriment of the same binary code execution speed

the code without jmp is considered more readable

is not always true

--

there is no GOTO in classic pascal!

---

modern implementations have added it

well, it's hard to say why - well, it's probably for flexibility

GOTO is needed in a developed language

---

when JMP is removed from processor commands :-)))), goto will probably be gone in developed languages too

---

Luptator писал (а) >>
I would like to implement future terminal on Linux. It should be able to work without any wine-oops.

the developers have explicitly said it won't happen and neither will the MAC version.

VBAG писал (а) >>

It's because of this command (JMP) that MQL4 probably lacks GOTO operator. I read in one clever book that the compiler needs to perform two passes to take into account all waits (in our case it's GOTO). And in some cases even more. Hence the performance loss and so on and so forth.

By the way, early versions of processors dropped the command queue

when they encountered JMP.

---

the processor would load several commands into its memory and then start parsing

the jmp queue would be reset

and a new branch was loaded.