What I would like from the "terminal" as a professional programmer. Another thread with wishes for MQL5. - page 5

Renat писал (а) >>
Don't worry, MQL5 will be a very good and fast C++-like language with lots of math and service libraries in the source code.

Will imaginary numbers work ?

complex+goto
Wherever the complex type is present, goto)))) is required

Prival писал (а) >>

Will imaginary numbers work ?

There will be no built-in types, but I think you can make one yourself.

Renat писал (а) >>

There will be no built-in types, but I think you can make one yourself.

I've seen examples of complex structure in C and C# math libraries. So it will be possible to use calculations with complex types in MQL5, even without them as the base types.

about a quarter of numerical algorithms use goto, so if an algorithm is tried, approved, tested, but cannot be
transferred to MT without goto?

Korey писал (а) >>
about a quarter of numerical algorithms use goto, so if an algorithm is tried, approved, tested, but cannot be
transferred to MT without goto?

Actually goto is a bad programming style and in 99% of cases code with goto can be replaced with similar code with existing conditional operators.

bad style is from B. Gates,
in reality, numerical algorithms are the most precious accumulation since the early '60s, and no one, believe me.
no one has ever tried to rewrite these algorithms without goto.

Korey писал (а) >>
in reality, numerical algorithms are a precious accumulation from the early '60s, and no one, believe me.

What are the numerical algorithms if that's not a secret?

Korey писал (а) >>
in reality, numerical algorithms are the most precious accumulation since the early 60's and no one, believe me.

Remember assembler and its jmp counterpart...

TheXpert said it right, 99% of the time you can do without goto.

the goto question is a question of cultural heritage, but not a question of newfangled culture.