Predicting the future with Fourier transforms - page 24

YOUNGA:

This indicator has the ability to build a zigzag channel and (midline channel) and thus decompose it, but so far I have no idea how to trade with all these pies

https://c.mql4.com/forum/2012/02/ZZm-fx-txt.mq4

I don't understand what was considered there and how it was calculated. I also don't understand what does this branch, Fourier, and the zigzag channel with decomposition have to do with it (not to play a trick on me, I just want to understand)

Observe the dashed line - it does not redraw, and if it does, it lags only by half of the markup parameter

YOUNGA:
Watch the dotted line - it doesn't redraw, and if it does, it lags only by half of the markup parameter

got it. thanks. oh, i was so excited.... ((

And yet, how the concept of Fourier got in there - I can't figure it out.

Svinotavr:

You're not gonna believe this. Exactly, Dima. Not Sergei, not Petya or Katya Popkina. I even know how your research will end. It will end with nothing. More precisely, no results. And needless to say, absence is also a result. It's a waste of effort, time and money. Then why reinvent the wheel? Maybe it is better to take a slightly working system and start to improve it, figuring out the intricacies of markets in the process. But, you don't want that, you want Fourier to work for you.
None of the other profiles have "it" working, but you should. It should work for you, and in large quantities. Why? Well, you tell me, why? Maybe I'll figure it out.

I told him to concentrate his energies on one thing rather than spreading them in all directions. As for the Fourier transforms, the explanation for the inoperability is simple enough, but it will not be heard by Eduard Anatolievich. And I don't want to get into this argument. Probably a person just needs to lose a large deposit to understand the absurdity of this prediction method. Or to spend a large amount of time.

It has always worked, but only where the conditions for which it was created are satisfied. I understand that Fourier works on a segment (interval) where the spectrum is limited, i.e. not infinite, but on the market the spectrum is infinite.

once again. who are these profiles? what kind of uninspired fiends are they?

And what makes you think it doesn't work. of course they didn't show it to you, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work.maybe you're looking at the wrong Fourier decomposition.

Trololo:

got it. thanks. oh, i was so excited.... ((

I can't figure out how the Fourier concept got in there, though.

what the hell kind of sine wave price is - of course it's not.

Nah, parabolas are unlimited functions.

And if you play solitaire, it is said to be very effective in predicting the future....))

Svinotavr:
Eduard Anatolyevich, do you want to chart the price of parabolas? Rumour has it that parabolas are better than sinusoids.

Don't be offended by sine waves, they are decomposed not because you like them so much, but because they are the most common function in the world around, occurring naturally almost everywhere you can

Svinotavr:
Eduard Anatolievich, do you want to decompose the price chart into parabolas? Rumour has it that parabolas are better than sinusoids.

You can just do it with your locs and martins, and leo will add solitaire to the slabs.

And on sine waves you can lay out anything you like.

as for the irrelevance of the price. it is relevant, especially against the backdrop of the financial bubble of our days.)))

It is instructive that natural sinusoids are a consequence of parabolic potential pits.