Market condition - flat or trend? Which dominates? - page 19

I know how to determine the breakpoints of the trend (impulse)

to do this you need stddev - two pieces - the first has a period N and the second a period N+K (where K is from 1 to 4 approximately)

Olimp >> :

I know how to determine the breakpoints of the trend (impulse)

to do this we need two stddev - the first has a period N and the second a period N+K (where K is from 1 to 4 approximately)

A picture, please: TF, N, K. It's not convincing without it.

Good afternoon.

On the subject of a flat or trend, maybe you can define it through the area. For example.

Vertical line at market close, when the sway is minimal and volumes are minimal, second line at 0 bar.

The horizontal line at the highs of the highs and lows.

The chart itself, in the form of a zigzag, for example, divides the rectangle. Calculate the area. We compare.

I don't write the code myself, just started studying it, so I can't say how it can be used.

I ask participants to say anything about this suggestion, and yes, is it difficult to reolive it in code or is it already there.

Thanks.

andreiuser писал(а) >>

Good afternoon.

On the subject of a flat or trend, maybe you can define it through the area. For example.

Vertical line at market close, when the sway is minimal and volumes are minimal, second line at 0 bar.

The horizontal line at the highs of the highs and lows.

The chart itself, in the form of a zigzag, for example, divides the rectangle. Calculate the area. We compare.

I don't write the code myself, just started studying it, so I can't say how it can be used.

I ask participants to say anything about this suggestion, and yes, is it difficult to reolive it in code or is it already there.

Thanks.

It's not really. The trend may be weak, the distance between the minimum and maximum will be small and therefore the area of the rectangle will be small. And in general, if you operate with "areas", then if rectangles have equal horizontal distances, their areas differ proportionally to their heights. So only the difference between High and Low is useful information (in the proposed version).

Good afternoon, I will throw in three kopecks too.

I do not quite understand why the trend of flat areas should be measured by breakdown of fixed channels? Here is some more food for thought http://konkop.narod.ru/renko.htm

In my opinion, a flat is an inside bar/candle, i.e. if the max/min of the previous candle/bar is not broken by the current bar, it is a flat.

There was a formula on the first page . The indicator for it. But the interpretation is a bit tense.
Files: