Useful features from KimIV - page 9

Another example of how to use the ModifyOrder() function can be found in the e-MoveSLTPbyMouse Expert Advisor, which is designed to modify the stop and take positions with the mouse.

Igor, let me ask a question in your branch: an Expert Advisor has to analyze prices of other symbols for N past bars in order to produce a signal. Is it possible to accurately synchronize the time of getting these prices? For example, it is not a problem to obtain the close and open prices of the 1st and any other bar of the current and other symbols. But the time of opening and closing (and consequently, the moment of price receipt) can differ significantly in a calm (low volatility) market. For example, using the function iClose("USDCHF", PERIOD_H1,1) and iClose("EURUSD", PERIOD_H1,1) we will obtain closing prices of the first H1 bars but the closing time can be different. I understand that the difference in prices will not be considerable, as a rule, within the spread, but it is essential in some cases. Is it possible and how to get prices for instruments at ONE SAME time with guaranteed accuracy to at least one second?

Alexander Pieciotta from Germany has made a video showing how the e-MoveSLTPbyMouse advisor works. You can download the video from the link in this post. I have watched it. I liked it. I even wanted to buy it at once.

to goldtrader

I don't know...

KimIV:
Alexander Pieciotta from Germany has made a video showing how the e-MoveSLTPbyMouse advisor works. You can download the video from the link in this post. I have watched it. I liked it. I even wanted to buy it right away.

So, you have not bought it yet?

Vinin писал (а):
You haven't bought one yet?

A dog salesman will only sell to someone who drinks wax with him, and I don't know how.

As far as I remember, this advisor made the Composter a year or two and a half ago.:-)

Roger:
As far as I remember, this advisor made the Composter a year or two and a half ago.:-)
Nah, I had a script ;)

The name is different, the principle is the same. It spins in a loop, a horizontal line is highlighted, it moves, the position is calculated after fixing and the order is modified.

goldtrader:
Igor, let me ask a question in your branch: an Expert Advisor has to analyze prices of other symbols for N past bars in order to produce a signal. Is it possible to accurately synchronize the time of obtaining these prices? For example, it is not a problem to obtain the close and open prices of the 1st and any other bar of the current and other symbols. But the time of opening and closing (and consequently, the moment of price receipt) can differ significantly in a calm (low volatility) market. For example, using the function iClose("USDCHF", PERIOD_H1,1) and iClose("EURUSD", PERIOD_H1,1) we will obtain closing prices of the first H1 bars but the closing time can be different. I understand that the difference in prices will not be considerable, as a rule, within the spread, but it is essential in some cases. Is it possible and how to obtain the prices of instruments at ONE SAME time with a guaranteed accuracy to at least one second?
- If you are concerned about "holes in history", search by keyword ... "holes"/"no holes" (by komposter, I think)

- If only positioning, then in function iClose("USDCHF", PERIOD_H1,1), instead of the last parameter (1) insert "iBarShift("USDCHF",PERIOD_H1,Time[1],false)" and key F1 for specification of parameters and nuances.

And in general, absence of bars, that is especially important for small periods... :(