Who has a good pipsqueak? - page 5

oval писал (а):
The topic is called - who has a good pipsitter, and I suggest that we write this very good pipsitter ourselves with the help of the newsletter.
You may write it here. Why do I need a newsletter? I will not subscribe to the mailing list, but I will read it on the forum. It may even be something clever I will put in from time to time. Or correct mistakes...

The mailing list is a monologue-style conversation and is useful for propagandising your message, while ignoring the ideas of the listening audience. In this respect, your aspirations are understandable. But how does a mailing list bring the audience closer? What prevents the whole forum from subscribing to your newsletter? Will it be closer than the forum after that? It's not clear.

oval:
bstone:
A mailing list implies a monologue conversation and is convenient for propagandising your idea with the concomitant disregard for the ideas of the listening audience. In this respect your aspirations are understandable. But how does a mailing list bring the audience closer? What prevents the whole forum from subscribing to your newsletter? Will it be closer than the forum after that? It's not clear.

Closer precisely because there are fewer people and no such dispersion, and as for ideas - just ideas are welcome and it may well be that I can help implement them in the tc and of course they need to be thought through and tested...
Closer to what? There's no dialogue in the newsletters, only one can send them out and the rest are read-only, i.e. want to read the advert, don't like it, try unsubscribing and it might work, but it's more likely to get spammed.

Now I looked - you can write answers, you can unsubscribe - I'll probably just put a link to my mailbox and ICQ - then all questions will get to me without missing, but about spam - I get spam and not necessarily from mailing lists, except that it does not reach me - deleted without even downloading through filters<br / translate="no">

There you go. It must be nice to reply to mailing list when you know, that your answers with 0...100% probability will be deleted by filters :)

However, saw your new thread and it all made sense. Well, let's see what interesting ideas you have there. But it seems to me that you are trying to earn on Forex from wrong angle.

What was that? Swearing?

Funny, I too observe two completely empty posts. Apparently the conclusion will now follow that the newsletter is more reliable :)

Mnh-mnh... guys... Flubber...

Better create a thread titled "Similarities and differences, advantages and disadvantages of forum and newsletter"

You'll be understood there. And in this thread, bringing up... ...and to keep this topic alive... ...especially for such an esteemed man.

oval:
It wasn't about that at all...

You keep pushing your theme in the wrong thread... it doesn't do you any credit.

Unfortunately, practice shows that group (open) writing of an Expert Advisor or indicator is a very rare phenomenon. In most cases, 2-5 people join together, and then they work in a closed mode, fine-tune and test it, and then everyone uses the invention at his/her own discretion. Therefore, the forum is better used for correction of errors or small revisions of a ready-made EA, but not for its creation. IMHO.

Serg_ASV:
Unfortunately, practice shows that group (open) writing of an Expert Advisor or indicator is a very rare phenomenon. In most cases, 2-5 people join, and then they work together in a closed mode, fine-tune and test it, and then everyone uses the invention at his/her own discretion. Therefore, the forum is better used for correction of errors or small revisions of a ready-made EA, but not for its creation. IMHO.

I am in complete agreement with you. But if I understand you correctly, you are referring to collective program revision ... and unfortunately I'm a total "zero" in MQL. I can provide my experience in analytics ... but the programming .... I'm resting here.