How to optimise an advisor correctly - page 2

KimIV:

OK... here's my experience...

1. I write an EA with a minimum of calls to deal history and with a minimum of handling of execution errors returned by the trading server.
2. Optimization interval - from 2001.01.01 to 2007.12.31
3. I choose a set of parameters according to Maximum Recovery Factor = Net Profit / Maximum Drawdown. If there is no set of parameters with FS > 30, then the Expert Advisor is discarded.
4. I check the selected set of parameters for stability by making small changes of all parameters one by one. I do not consider too much fluctuation of FS. That is, I determine whether I have selected the "peak of communism" or the "plateau". If the peak, then this set is discarded and I take the next one.
5. I analyze the flat set of parameters in the analyzer of portfolios for compatibility with other TPs. I form a TS portfolio with FS > 100, write an EA for online trading and put it on the real account.

Hello, can you write an EA for real?

KimIV писал (а) >>

3. I choose a set of parameters according to Maximum Recovery Factor = Net Profit / Maximum Drawdown. If there is no set of parameters with FS > 30, then the Expert Advisor is discarded.

Do you mean FS=30 or 30%?

Simon писал (а) >>
>> Can you tell me if you mean PV=30 or 30%?

This means FS = 30. Just to be clear, profit is 8000, maximum drawdown is 266, FS = 8000 / 266 = 30.

I see, and do you use the minimum lot when testing, or with an MM that will apply when the EA is actually working?

Simon писал (а) >>
I see, and do you use the minimum lot when testing, or with an MM that will apply when the EA is actually working?

Simon писал (а) >>
Got it, and do you use the minimum lot when testing, or with an MM that will apply when the EA actually works?

Have a look here, with a little more on FV

https://championship.mql5.com/2012/ru/news

Thank you!

KimIV писал (а) >>

3. I select a set of parameters according to Maximum Recovery Factor = Net Profit / Maximum Drawdown. If there is no set of parameters with FS > 30, then EA is discarded.

Why does it have to be FS > 30...and if it's less then it's screwed? Where does the number 30 come from, why not 40? Or is there an analytical statement on this?

slayer писал (а) >>
And why should it still be FS > 30...and if less then scrap it??? where does the exact figure of 30 come from, why not 40? or is there an analytical statement to that effect???

Don't mince words, please. I didn't claim it should be like that. 30 is my personal whim. No more than that...

YuraZ писал (а) >>

It's an interesting question.

Everyone has their own experience, please share information

How I optimize

The way of optimization depends on the TS used as the basis of Expert Advisor.

For a trading system, which proposes to open and close positions based on indicator signals, I do as follows:

1. optimize the indicator parameters. It is done without using TR, SL, trawl, etc. Using the same lot size. This way I select the best indicator parameters.

2) Optimize the stop loss. Choosing the best variant of the indicator parameters (among the most profitable, it is selected with a small drawdown and profitability of more than 2 + a sufficient number of positions, to verify the correctness of the obtained results. The variant with better results is taken from the optimization results for each successive step) to optimize for the best stop size.

3. takeprofit optimization.

Optimization of various ways of help to TC: transfer of a position to Breakeven, different types of trawl, etc.

5. Optimisation of the way in which the catipalent is managed, i.e. by combining a variety of ways to change the lot.