Can an expert work for 2 months without a loss - page 2

Serg_ASV:
wenay:
I don't understand how a Pipser can increase his deposit 200 times in 100 steps?

With a leverage of 1:500. This is not the maximum risk, but the one that ensures stability (not a total loss) throughout the entire history

I have 1k100 leverage, or are you on a cent?

Serg_ASV:

3) Has there ever been an EA making 100 trades without a loss?

Look at the participant of the championship 2007 - https://www.mql5.com/ru/users/TeamSky on 200 trades - 9 losing trades, the first of which was after about 140. He was placed 9th in the Championship.

wenay:

Exactly, I have 1k100 leverage, or are you on a cent?

Yeah, I'm on a cent.

Serg_ASV:

I see a lot of mathematicians, programmers and people who are just interested in Autotrading.
I would like to get your opinion on the following question. The Expert Advisor that Stinger and I received on the tester during 2 months did not make a single losing trade, and hence it turned out to be a multi profit.

The question is.

1) When will the drawdown be, if from 1999-2006 there were 3-4 per year, and in 2007 - 12?

2) Does it make sense to bet on a real account at once?

3) Are there any Expert Advisors that have made 100 trades without a loss?

This type of Expert Advisor is a loss-making game, because the stop loss is a margin call. In 2 months in the tester does not say anything, only you know how this result was obtained. Whether the optimization was done during this period, how many parameters were optimized, etc. Test the Expert Advisor with a stoploss that is allowed for real money, on a piece of history outside the optimization period. Look at it and decide if you need it.

It's no problem to get 100 profitable trades in the tester, use more optimizable parameters and go, a dozen of perseptrons may have better results. It seems Sashken (I may be wrong, so please do not be offended) has demonstrated the drawings of his EA before the Championship.

Overdoing it is a way to nowhere - you need to take losses in time and not wait for the market grace. There is no need to win every single deal and risk the entire deposit. The sooner you understand it, the faster you can move on.

Figar0:
Serg_ASV:

I see a lot of mathematicians, programmers and people who are just interested in Autotrading.
I would like to get your opinion on the following question. The Expert Advisor that Stinger and I obtained in the Strategy Tester during 2 months did not make one loss trade, hence it obtained a multi profit.

The question is.

1) When will the drawdown be, if from 1999-2006 there were 3-4 per year, and in 2007 - 12?

2) Does it make sense to bet on a real account at once?

3) Are there any Expert Advisors that have made 100 trades without a loss?

This type of Expert Advisor is a loss-making game, because the stop loss is a margin call. In 2 months in the tester does not say anything, only you know how this result was obtained. Whether the optimization was done during this period, how many parameters were optimized, etc. Test the Expert Advisor with a stoploss that is allowed for real money, on a piece of history outside the optimization period. Look at it and decide if you need it.

It's no problem to get 100 profitable trades in the tester, use more optimizable parameters and go, a dozen of perseptrons may have better results. It seems Sashken (I may be wrong, so please do not be offended) has demonstrated the drawings of his EA before the Championship.

Breaking even with losses is a long way to nowhere - you have to take them in time and not wait for the market. There is no need to win every single deal and risk the entire deposit. The sooner you understand it, the faster you can move on.

+1

TedBeer:
Serg_ASV:

3) Any EAs in history making 100 trades without a loss?

Look at the participant of the Championship 2007 - https://www.mql5.com/ru/users/TeamSky on 200 trades - 9 losing trades, the first of which was after about 140. Took 9th place in the championship.
Good EA - something in common with mine. It trades only from 21.00 to 22.00. It did not have enough risk to win in the beginning. If it had entered the maximum lot a bit earlier, the drawdown relative to the depo would have been less significant.

Serg_ASV:
TedBeer:Here's a look at the 2007 championship participant - https://www.mql5.com/ru/users/TeamSky on 200 trades - 9 losing trades, the first of which was after about 140. He was placed 9th in the championship.
A good Expert Advisor is something similar to mine. It trades only from 21.00 to 22.00. He did not have enough risk at first to win. If it had gone out a bit earlier to the maximum lot, the drawdown relative to the depo would have been less significant as well.

Judging by the state, nothing in common yet. He has very good entries, reasonable limitation of losses and this on almost real (contest) account. (I understand TeamSky is an experienced trader, if not a group of traders (I'm not fluent in Japanese)), and you are waiting for losses until the end in the tester, what do they have in common?

S.L. Think at your leisure over my previous post, it's just I, like many (maybe all) beginning traders, once tried to follow "your" way. Now I consider it a waste of time and money...

Figar0:

It is a lottery game to put such an EA on the real, because its stop-loss is a margin call. In 2 months in the tester does not say anything, only you know how this result was obtained. Whether the optimization was done during this period, how many parameters were optimized, etc. Test the Expert Advisor with a stoploss that is allowed for real money, on a piece of history outside the optimization period. Look at it and decide if you need it.

Breaking even with losses is a long way to nowhere - you need to take them in time and not wait for the market grace. There is no need to win every single deal and risk the entire deposit. The sooner you understand it, the faster you can move on.

Stop Loss is 26. I have not gone to margin call since 1999. Optimization for the period of a year. Optimized parameters - Stop Loss, Take Profit, Risk, Percentage of deposit, Secret parameter. There is no complete drawdown when starting from any date. I saw it on a period of June-September 2007. Everything is beautiful on the rest of the story.

There are no perseptrons or similar neural networks.

Serg_ASV:

Stooploss is 26. Never reached a margin call since 1999. Optimization for a period of one year. Optimized parameters - Stop Loss, Take Profit, Risk, Percentage of deposit, Secret parameter. There is no complete drawdown when starting from any date. I saw it on a period of June-September 2007. Everything is beautiful on the rest of the story.

No perseptrons or any semblance of a neural network.

Why the 80% drawdown in the tester for 2 months? And 30% after only 10 days of demo?

Well that's up to you, I sincerely wish you a profitable trade.

Figar0:
Serg_ASV:

Stooploss is 26. Never reached a margin call since 1999. Optimization for a period of one year. Optimized parameters - Stop Loss, Take Profit, Risk, Percentage of deposit, Secret parameter. There is no complete drawdown when starting from any date. I saw it on a period of June-September 2007. Everything is beautiful on the rest of the story.

No perseptrons or neural networks.

And where is the 80% drawdown in the tester in 2 months? And 30% after only 10 days of demo?

Well, it's up to you, I wish you a profitable trading.

Relative drawdown is a possible drawdown, if you noticed. I can just put the Risk value not 70, as I have - but say 10 - then the relative drawdown will be 12-13%. Of course the Balance will also be lower.
And on the demo the previous version - and the main drain in the last 3-4 days due to increased market volatility.