Zigzag indicator and neural nets - page 11

eugenk:
Piligrimm, I read you carefully. But I'm sorry if I'm dumb, I still don't get it. Do you have a network with only zigzagging??? From what I've read, I understand that it does. And this is the circumstance that surprised me quite a bit. I myself see the zigzag as an additional input of a very old and highly coarse history, that's all. And of course, as a possible (though IMHO not quite optimal) forecast target. Tell me if I understand you correctly ? Again, I apologize if the question is silly, I'm just a bit surprised by this approach.

Yes, my grids only work based on data from an indicator I made, similar to a zig-zag. And the forecast is given until the next trend reversal, which may come or after a few bars, or after a few hours in a slow market, it does not matter, as soon as the trend reversal is ready, at that moment the forecast is given in the opposite direction, before that every new bar shows the confirmation of the trend direction.

And if you think about it, 33 isn't the worst option for NS inputs, either naked or in conjunction with something else... The only snag is that I can't figure out how to normalise the 33 reading for the inputs. I've tried several variants, but it just doesn't feel right. I've got to normalize it somehow. Anybody got any thoughts on that?

Figar0:

And if you think about it, 33 isn't the worst option for NS inputs, either naked or in conjunction with something else... The only snag is that I can't figure out how to normalise the 33 reading for the inputs. I've tried several variants, but it just doesn't feel right. I've got to normalize it somehow. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Have you or have you not tried to predict the percentage of recovery of the next leg ?

and if so what are the results?

Figar0:

And if you think about it, 33 isn't the worst option for NS inputs, either naked or in conjunction with something else... The only snag is that I can't figure out how to normalise the 33 reading for the inputs. I've tried several variants, but it just doesn't feel right. I've got to normalize it somehow. Anybody got any thoughts on that?

Currently leisurely reading Glenn Neely. (Alexey Niroba left the book on Onyx). There are some interesting points there in terms of the question posed. But it is complicated enough. And it will be close to implementation of the wave theory in an indicator (Expert Advisor). There are also several interesting links on the zigzag. They are interesting in terms of the posed question. On Onyx you may find these links. But it will take a long time to find them. I'll post the links here when I get home. They won't hurt.

nen:
Now slowly reading Glenn Neely. (Alexei Niroba left the book on Onyx). There are interesting points there in terms of the question posed. But it is rather complicated. And it will be close to implementation of the wave theory in an indicator (Expert Advisor). There are also several interesting links on the zigzag. They are interesting in terms of the posed question. On Onyx you may find these links. But it will take a long time to find them. I'll post the links here when I get home. They won't hurt.

I read Neely too. And about complicated - I completely agree) It requires serious reflection. And I would be very grateful for links on the subject, I need to "recharge" with thoughts and ideas.

olyakish:

Did you or did you not try to predict the percentage of recovery of the next leg?

And if so, what are the results?

All my attempts of predictions will work out spreads/swaps on forward tests using virtually any TF and their combinations, but no more than that. (The system does not "sink", it's not bad, but it's too early to talk about stable profitability).

Promised links. It may already be known.

http://www.patternpower.com/support/

nen:

Promised links. It may already be known.

http://www.patternpower.com/support/

Dear NEN! Maybe you may need it, or maybe you already know it. I only understood that it draws waves in time, but what and how, and where is the top of Mount Elbrus or the abyss is a dead end.