Light martingale expert - gives good results (expert code attached) - page 13

fedor:

If you lay out a mathematically sound setup that will produce greater profits with less risk - then only a hyp-hyp-hyp-hyp-URRA.
But try to experiment with this EA. This is a modification of the FS (First Step) Expert Advisor.
Files:
ish_03.mq4  38 kb

Sart:
fedor:

If you lay out a mathematically sound setup that will produce greater profits with less risk - then only a hyp-hyp-hyp-hyp-URRA.

But try to experiment with this EA. This is a modification of the FS (First Step) Expert Advisor.
I tried it with Ish_01.mq4 from the first page and Ish_02.mq4 somewhere on forum. Not good. I will try this one. Is it optimized for some pair?

fedor:
Sart:
fedor:

But try to experiment with this EA. This is a modification of FS (First Step) Expert Advisor.
I tried it with Ish_01.mq4 from the first page and Ish_02.mq4 somewhere on forum. Not good. I will try this one. Is it optimized for some pair?

NZDUSD

Meat:
I, for example, stated my idea in one of my previous posts. The value of our target (pullback) should be proportional to the value of the preceding non-backward trend, i.e. it should be a certain percentage of it. This is the percentage we set as an external variable. For instance, in my developments I use 23%. If the trend keeps moving against us (increasing its length), our target value is recalculated accordingly. And together with it the size of planned profit on a trade is recalculated (increases), as well as the size of final profit taking into account the current drawdown (it decreases). As a result, if the pullback never took place, at some point, this potential final profit will become <= 0. Then we open one more order here. The volume of this order should be such as to guarantee the total resulting profit on all orders in proportion to the length of the required pullback. Everything is done in the analogous way. I hope I have explained it clearly...
Here we obtain that the order volume increases insignificantly, but the distance between the orders gradually decreases.

Tell me if there is a real EA that implements your strategy? If yes, what are the results obtained using such an EA?

jinn2000:
Tell me, is there a real EA that implements your strategy? If so, what results are obtained by such an EA?
Well, I have some developments of such an EA. The test results depend on some settings for each currency pair, depending on its volatility, and the degree of risk... But on the whole during 2 year history I obtained 20-30% per year for each pair with maximal drawdown 10-20% of initial deposited amount. I wish I had possibilities to test it on several symbols at once, the results would be more interesting.
By the way, in the above-quoted post I wrote about 23% pullback - that's if the trend is up (60-day). And if against the trend, it's 15%.

Meat:
Well I have some work on such an EA. The test results depend on some settings for each currency pair, depending on its volatility, and on the degree of risk... But on the whole during 2 year history I obtained 20-30% per year for each pair with maximal drawdown 10-20% of initial deposited amount. I wish I had possibilities to test it on several symbols at once, the results would be more interesting.
By the way, in the above-quoted post I wrote about 23% pullback - that's if the trend is up (60-day). And if against the trend, it's 15%.

In fact, the calculations of pullback levels, lots, etc. are not so interesting. it's all analytical and there can be many approaches - anyone can easily eat half a pound of their favourite kind of carrot on this.

Of course, you may say, to open at significant levels, for example, but that's like saying - "buy low and sell high". :-)

it's in the choice of levels that there may be some grain. ..and maybe even carpet and TV!

Shu:

...it's in the choice of levels that there may be some seed ...and maybe even carpet and TV!

Yes, of course it is desirable to choose strong levels: Fibo, channel bounds, round numbers... But it's not so easy to integrate all that into the program algorithm, it's a separate topic for research. Sometimes there are cases when the distance between these levels is quite large and the price has not quite reached some level but reversed. As a result, this pullback will form a long "tail" which we have missed. So we should distribute the levels evenly somehow... Or at least reduce the lot size at "intermediate" levels. Besides, you may try one more variant: just close a part of positions in case the price has broken through a strong level and the next level is far away.

Shu:
more interesting might be the choice of the next level at which to open the next additional position if the price moves "against us". of course, you could say to open at significant levels, for example, but that sounds like advice to "buy low and sell high". :-)

it's in the choice of levels that there may be some grain. ...and maybe even carpet and TV!

Parameters: the number of points that price has passed, the pullback levels and the choice of the next level - are interrelated values. For example, when adding lots in a linear(uniform) way (succession 1,2,3,4,5...) against the price move, you can close in zero at rollback level of 33% (without taking the spread into account). This should be taken into account when implementing the algorithm for setting the following levels.

Gentlemen, I too am interested in a similar topic, my thoughts are here 'Help a beginner on another martingale variant'. Perhaps something together will work out... Please have a look... I just do not quite understand the algorithm of your Expert Advisor (but just in case I am running all variants of the Expert Advisor, which were posted in this thread on different pairs for testing, just to be on the safe side).

nauandr:
... I just don't quite understand the algorithm of your Expert Advisor ...

The Expert Advisor is not mine, but the principle is simple: a position is opened in the direction of the global trend, determined by Ishimoku. If the price moves against the open position, the averaging is performed. This will be repeated several times. The step and lot of averaging is set manually with possible increasing (soft Martingale). By the way, your algorithm can be applied in this Expert Advisor. Specify a step of 10 points and increase the lot by 2 times at each step and that's it :) Run it in the tester and see the harsh reality. At least it is cheaper than draining the deposit.