28 !!! currency pairs, 1 expert. Another grail, but this one I think no one has ever shown. + DEMO ACCOUNT - page 3

HIDDEN писал (а):... That's why I'll leave the demo for a week and let it hang.

It is a pity the broker will ban me, but it is interesting to watch.

I have never seen a pipser working on instruments with spreads in dozens of points. The profit is purely theoretical, of course, but the result is commendable. Well done, HIDDEN

Good luck.

I wonder if it would be too difficult for metaquotes to enter requotes/slippages in the tester, and to ignore trades with results less than 1-2 slippages? At some percentage of such ignores exceeding a predetermined percentage, a warning could be displayed for the author about a suspiciously pipsqueaky strategy...

Yurixx:

Dear HIDDEN,

I do not want to say anything about the Expert Advisor. I just want to say a few words about the presentation of the information.

With your experience, it's really not decent to show such things. Let us take only the first report.

1. 5116 bars daily test, 514469 ticks were modelled, i.e. approximately 100 ticks per day. Do you really think that there are 100 ticks in a day? And this is according to your simulation quality of 89% ? If you don't know I can tell you, the rate of ticks coming inis on average about 3-5 per minute (depending on the broker). How many you get per day and you can calculate yourself.

2. The spread between High and Low is the largest on the daily market. For an Expert Advisor looking into the future - there is nothing to avoid. But you claim that your EA analyzes ticks. So it should not care which timeframe it uses. So put it on M1. I think you will immediately stop seeing zeros in the report.

3. the vertical axis has a division value of 40000000.0 on the chart that you presented. as a result you cannot see any details at all. so for the first 600 trades the curve is on zero. It's all good to show to beginners or to find bad buyers, but why show it here? You'd better show the chart of the first 600 deals. You would have been shown immediately where you are cheating.

4 The test, of course, was with reinvestment. Without any top-down restrictions. You really need the money? Well, well. :-) Meanwhile, everyone here, including you, knows that the report must be drawn with a constant lot to be at least somewhat informative. Otherwise it will not show the effectiveness of the strategy, but rather an unknown.

5. The last one. 5000 daily bars is 20 years. Who needs them? Forex has changed drastically in the last few years. Even the 2004 data cannot be trusted anymore. If you wanted to show something, last year would have been enough. If you wanted to get statistics, then I can disappoint you: the statistics from the tester - it's not statistics, but just laughter. And I see you're not afraid to be funny. Well, thanks for the entertainment. :-))

You shouldn't be so ... The author himself, in my opinion, does not offer his expert for real trading. And as for what auto-trading can do and what a tester can do, the example is very interesting. Now paragraph by paragraph:

1. The number of daily bars is for the entire history, the number of simulated ticks is for the tested period, so there is no contradiction, the simulation quality is close to 90%.

2. After the last update of the tester looking into the future is impossible, at least according to the developers and no one has proved the opposite yet. The only solution is to integrate the history model into the Expert Advisor.

3. The drawdowns are present, of course, but relative drawdowns (which is calculated based on equity) are very small, it means that there were not large drawdowns at the beginning as well (or they were covered by positive open trades).

4. Of course it would be interesting to see without reinvestment.

5. Agreed.

In any case, the example has the right to exist, if only to evaluate the performance of the tester.

You can't put one of these in the Championship because of the limitation on the number of positions, which is why it was introduced, I think. But in one of Alpari's contests in the past, an Expert Advisor like this (hand trading contest) won one of the prizes and received real money (Participant).

In my opinion, the analysis of any Expert Advisor or manual trade needs much more information than can be provided by the tester or the MT4 report.

That is why the company MetaQuotes Software Corp. introduced new reports for trade analysis for the upcoming championship. But they won't write a detailed article about these reports.

I personally use an advanced trading analysis system that is still being developed.

When analyzing the demo account posted above with the Expert Advisor, I clearly saw that it would not live long. I will not explain all the details of the report, because it is too early to talk about it, but I will post it for your review.

In general, I use in my Expert Advisors not only analysis of ticks, volumes, bars, shapes, indicators, but also the trading itself. I.e. the Expert Advisor analyzes its own work and it serves as a good filter for making knowingly losing deals.

Files:
514395.zip  279 kb

Valmars:

In any case, the example has the right to exist, if only to assess the performance of the tester.

You cannot place this kind of EA in the Championship due to the limitation on the number of positions. In one of Alpari's contests in the past, an Expert Advisor of that kind (manual trading contest) took one of the prizes and received real money (Participant).

Highlighting a thought...

well, here's an example - the strategy won a prize

There you go, restrictions! - I don't like it when they limit you.

If an artist is restricted in something, the result will also be restricted...

But not always, they say that only a hungry artist can create...

Again, I can imagine Michelangelo creating David! And they say he can chop it up three times!

I was being allegorical, but I hope the point is clear, there must be limitations - of course...

for example, i managed to make 102 trades in real account during half a year and got only 2 loss, i increased my deposit almost without risk by 3.5 times

i did not limit myself to the number of positions, the limitations were of a different nature

for example gbpjpy i was only buying! that was one of the conditions - one of the restrictions

i used to have a few trades in each one, sometimes up to 20

i kept bai and not divested gbp and eur seals is another limitation

- but this is dictated by logic - developed by computer analysis of currency trends in 2006 - 2007

and for gbpjpy on the 2001 - 2007 trend

there will be a reversal of the annual trend? there will be one day but now I am withdrawing my hard earned cash

i do not need reinvestment for many years - i want to get a result in half a year at least.

(part of the money earned by the Expert Advisors) - the simple Expert Advisors that work on buy.

Mathemat:
I wonder if it would be too difficult for metaquotes to enter requotes/slippages in the tester, and to ignore trades with results less than 1-2 slippages? At some percentage of such ignores exceeding a predetermined percentage, one could display a warning to the author that the strategy is suspiciously pipsqueaky. ...

Requotes can be easily done in the Expert Advisor itself. There was an article about it on this site, it was explained in details.

In an expert, it's understandable. But not every naive Pips writer will do it. And if there is such a possibility in the tester, it can become a very decent standard filter that is activated with a couple of button presses and cuts off malicious scalpers.

Mathemat:
I wonder if it would be too difficult for metaquotes to enter requotes/slippages in the tester, and to ignore trades with results less than 1-2 slippages. At some percentage of such ignores exceeding a predetermined percentage, it would be possible to display a warning to the author about a suspiciously pipsqueaky strategy. ...

It's unlikely about ignoring and warning, but they promised to introduce requotes, so it will be soon (see Renat's comment to Rosha's article 'MetaTrader 4 Tester: A Must-Know').

Valmars:

2. After the latest revisions of the tester, looking into the future is in principle impossible, at least according to the developers, and so far no one has proved the contrary. The only solution is to build the history model into the Expert Advisor itself.

Isn't that what you're talking about?

Only here it's about looking into the "future"...
Files:
loxotron.mq4  4 kb

conys:
Valmars:

2. After the latest revisions of the tester, looking into the future is in principle impossible, at least according to the developers, and so far no one has proved the contrary. Unless you can build a history model into Expert Advisor itself.

Isn't that what you're talking about?

Only here it's about looking into the "future"...

That too. Have you updated your terminal recently? I advise you to download the latest version and run this example. When you get a chart, please post it here. Let's see how you can look into the future!