28 !!! currency pairs, 1 expert. Another grail, but this one I think no one has ever shown. + DEMO ACCOUNT - page 2

Standard rake: intra-minute trades:

If the opening and closing occurs within a minute in the tester - this is not a real trade 90% of the time. Because the ticks simulated by the tester within a minute do not correspond to the real tick history. For an adequate correspondence, it simply lacks information.

Set a condition in your Expert Advisor that no intra-minute deals occur and see the result.

DrawDown:

The average losing trade is -645762 - this is one.

The balance chart does not show a single losing trade - this is two.

We will not see the results of the forward test corresponding to those shown on the back test on the demo - this is three.

So we have to wish Hidden a lot of success in the Championship. ;))

The forward test is likely to be all right. The championship, on the other hand, will not. :) (I think the championship bidding will be on the demo, not in the tester).

Yes, I think the potential for grails in the metatrader is there, can I post my humble report here too? :-)

Player_2:
DrawDown:

We will not see the results of the forward test corresponding to those shown on the back test on the demo - this is three.

The forward test is likely to be all right. The championship, on the other hand, will not. :) (I think the Championship will be traded on the demo, not in the Strategy Tester).

If you are not aware of it, I should clarify that the forward test is supposed to check the effectiveness of the system either on demo or on real trading, in other words, in any way, but not on "paper". But a back-test is nothing else but testing of a system in a tester or on historical data, which is essentially the same thing :)

DrawDown:
Player_2:

DrawDown:

The forward test is likely to be fine. The championship, on the other hand, is not. :) (I think the championship bidding will be on the demo, not the tester).

If you are not aware of it, I should clarify that the forward test is supposed to check the effectiveness of the system either on demo or on real trading, in other words, in any way, but not on "paper". But a back-test is nothing else but testing of a system in a tester or on historical data, which is essentially the same thing :)

Ah, I see. I thought forward was an autofsample of sorts.

I sat and thought so, tests tests all beautiful and everything is great, but people start guessing, praise and interest is lost in sharing all the work.

Here is a demo, watch it all. Very interesting myself how it will end.

• Login: 514395
  • Investor password: gmuh6wa
  • Server: Alpari-Demo
  •  

346 trades in less than 24 hours?! Any broker would crush such an advisor.

And by 2 or 3 points, it's too frequent...

It won't work at the Championship, I can tell you that for sure. Delays and requotes there promise to be severe.

Dear HIDDEN,

I do not want to say anything about the Expert Advisor. I just want to say a few words about the presentation of the information.

With your experience, it's really not decent to show such things. Let us take only the first report.

1. 5116 bars daily test, 514469 ticks were modelled, i.e. approximately 100 ticks per day. Do you really think that there are 100 ticks in a day? And this is according to your simulation quality of 89% ? If you don't know I can tell you, the rate of ticks coming inis on average about 3-5 per minute (depending on the broker). How many you get in a day and you can calculate yourself.

2. The spread between High and Low is the largest on the daily market. For an expert looking into the future there is nothing more spacious. But you claim that your EA analyzes ticks. So it should not care which timeframe it uses. So put it on M1. I think you will immediately stop seeing zeros in the report.

3. the vertical axis has a division value of 40000000.0 on the chart that you presented. as a result you cannot see any details at all. so for the first 600 trades the curve is on zero. It's all good to show to beginners or to find bad buyers, but why show it here? You'd better show the chart of the first 600 deals. You would have been shown immediately where you are cheating.

4 The test, of course, was with reinvestment. Without any top-down restrictions. You really need the money? Well, well. :-) Meanwhile, everyone here, including you, knows that the report must be drawn with a constant lot to be at least somewhat informative. Otherwise it will not show the effectiveness of the strategy, but rather an unknown.

5. The last one. 5000 daily bars is 20 years. Who needs them? Forex has changed drastically in the last few years. Even the 2004 data cannot be trusted anymore. If you wanted to show something, last year would have been enough. If you wanted to get statistics, then I can disappoint you: the statistics from the tester - it's not statistics, but just laughter. And I see you're not afraid to be funny. Well, thanks for the entertainment. :-))

Yurixx:

Dear HIDDEN,

Well, thank you for the entertainment. :-))

Of course it's all fun, both the tester and the demo accounts. I was interested just to ignite the crowd. It was interesting to learn for myself personally how educated the crowd is about analysis and trading. No one is going to sell "such" a miracle.

The last MT4 build to be piloted with its tester is being analyzed on the forum, actually this is another moment where the developers will have a chance to dig their codes.

If I show something worthwhile, it will be really from a professional point of view. And not like I did here.

If someone was amused by all this, I'm glad you at least smiled. Although honestly, I've never been able to make a pipser that would work with Alpari. I may leave the demo for a week, let it hang.

I don't think it's time to look for new details in expo and tester, the Championship is coming soon and everybody is testing their developments - the tester may become a sham in the middle of the Championship.

Good luck to all.

Yurixx:

4. the test was, of course, with reinvestment. Without any restrictions from above. What, do you really need the money? Well, well. :-) Meanwhile, everyone here, including you, knows that the report must be drawn with a constant lot to be at least somewhat informative. Otherwise it will not show the effectiveness of the strategy, but rather an unknown.

I think it is better to use the reinvestment percentage limit when choosing an effective currency pair. For instance, during testing I use 10% for all currency pairs. I.e. if the deposit is $10,000, for any currency pair this limit is $1,000 at most. At the same time there can be 1, 0.7, or 0.6 lots. One lot carries a different risk and different profit.
    Otherwise, of course, I agree :)