Discussion of article "Learn how to design a trading system by Stochastic"

New article Learn how to design a trading system by Stochastic has been published:

In this article, we continue our learning series — this time we will learn how to design a trading system using one of the most popular and useful indicators, which is the Stochastic Oscillator indicator, to build a new block in our knowledge of basics.

In this part, we will design a blueprint for previously mentioned strategies which should help us easily create a trading system. This blueprint will be a step-by-step guideline to identify what we need the program to do exactly.

• Strategy one: uptrend strategy

%K, %D < 50 --> %K > %D = buy signal

We first need the program to check (%K, %D) and decide if it is below or above the 50 level, then if it is below the 50 level, it will wait to do nothing till the %K line crosses above %D line to give the buy signal. If (%K, %D) is above or equal to the 50 level, the program will do nothing.

The following picture is a blueprint for this uptrend strategy:

SSS- uptrend strategy blueprint

Author: Mohamed Abdelmaaboud

Thanks for sharing this info. Downloaded the attached files as well.

John Winsome Munar #:
Thanks for sharing this info. Downloaded the attached files as well.

You are welcome and thanks for your comment.

thankyou so much for this it was very interesting indeed :)

Scott Seymour #:
thankyou so much for this it was very interesting indeed :)

You are welcome

Good day everyone! Im a full-time trader and started learning 5 years ago and I have tried and tested all indicators via my PC and Mobile device (default settings) and then I tried to combine same indicators and changed their default settings until I found some that worked pretty well to suit my liking and trading style and "Stochastic" in my opinion is versatile and flexible and I trade it with my settings! There are others that I like also, but Stochastic is my favorite! I found your article today and i love your work and my next step is to try and code "my" Stochastic and install it!

I will try and create an automated Stochastic indicator with Profit/Buy and Sell Alerts! Whether I'll be able to do the above remains to be seen and should I not be able, I"ll consult you to assist? 

It was great reading your articles and enjoyed it thoroughly! 

Kind Regards
South Africa
Kirsten Rivera 
<Deleted<

Kirsten Rivera #:
Good day everyone! Im a full-time trader and started learning 5 years ago and I have tried and tested all indicators via my PC and Mobile device (default settings) and then I tried to combine same indicators and changed their default settings until I found some that worked pretty well to suit my liking and trading style and "Stochastic" in my opinion is versatile and flexible and I trade it with my settings! There are others that I like also, but Stochastic is my favorite! I found your article today and i love your work and my next step is to try and code "my" Stochastic and install it!

I will try and create an automated Stochastic indicator with Profit/Buy and Sell Alerts! Whether I'll be able to do the above remains to be seen and should I not be able, I"ll consult you to assist? 

It was great reading your articles and enjoyed it thoroughly! 

Kind Regards
South Africa
Kirsten Rivera 
<Deleted<

Thanks Kirsten for your comment and good luck.

Excellent and detailed article. Thank you for taking the time to write this.

Suvashish Halder #:
Excellent and detailed article. Thank you for taking the time to write this.
Thanks a lot for your kind comment.

thank u for sharing strategy. It's really good. Can i have a question ? In your article. You use stoch 14 3 3 for Uptrend Strategy. But Downtrend Strategy and sideway buy sell signal is stoch 5 3 3. Is that correct? 

JackHuynh91 #:
thank u for sharing strategy. It's really good. Can i have a question ? In your article. You use stoch 14 3 3 for Uptrend Strategy. But Downtrend Strategy and sideway buy sell signal is stoch 5 3 3. Is that correct? 

Thanks for your kind comment. it is correct.