Complex arbitration - page 8

DrawDown:
alhimik72:
Anyway, real will show.

I do not recommend to rush into real money. And I advise to pay close attention to the behaviour of crosses, correlated currencies. I.e. if it is EUR/USD and GBP/USD, then look at EUR/GBP, etc.

I am currently trying to find out how my Expert Advisor has been catching the down-trends of the crosses of currencies I use, although it has analyzed only these currencies. And this is a very fatal moment because this system, when trading only in one direction (i.e. always selling Euro and buying GBP), in fact, becomes counter-trendy, and in case of long down-trend by cross, the hedge will go into long drawdown.

Somebody will say that instead of a hedge you may as well use a cross rate, but I will disagree, because I checked that in a cross trade you have to wait for more movement for a positive or negative outcome than in a hedge opening. And there is even an explanation for that :))

That's what I noticed the first time around. Now I want to add pivots. For example, if there is a signal from the Expert Advisor, then where is the cross at that moment (above/below a pivot or some resistance) and on this basis to choose a direction to open a position. I want to get some statistics first. You wrote that almost all hedges go up with time or it is not true?

You are right, cross analysis is necessary. Tools for analysis are a purely personal matter.

I wrote that since May 9 this year and so far all hedges have been in the plus and it is noted in the demo account report, but no one is entitled to claim that tomorrow will be the same. And of course in case of a prolonged cross trend the hedge can go into drawdown, and if the cross does not return at least 2/3 of the movement there will be no gain on the hedge.

What if you open in both directions in pairs orredor. For example, there is a signal on fx and euro. We open a pair of orders in one direction and the other the opposite. We will obtain the lock. By the idea both should come out in the + in time.

This morning was a classic situation. The pound was down, the euro was flat. The result was $320.

The topic seems to have died. It's a shame........ It all started off so interesting.

alhimik72:

The topic seems to have died. It's a shame........ It all started off so interesting.

Money loves silence, though ....

DrawDown:
MForex:
Can you show me the advisor?

As Mathemat said, "...results for one day are not serious..." and he's right. I will run it for some time, if the results are the same or better, I will show it. I just want to get it right, because the code is such a mess so far :)
I may have an idea how to adapt it for strict brokerage companies that don't like pipsaries, and maybe it will do them good anyway.

To all appearances, you will not keep your promise to show us your Expert Advisor. If we had, it would be interesting to look at the code and maybe people would give us some interesting ideas.