Martingale is Evil?! - page 13

sever29 >>:

Тож самое хотел спросить, но побоялся что E_mc2 услышит.

)))) Actually, I'm not so much against Avalanche per se...as I'm pissed off by the author's armour-headed stupidity. And Avalanche... it's just a regular coup martin that's 100 years old. Martin's all right. I've been using it myself in a light form for a long time. But not as dumb as Avalanche. If I'm not mistaking, I open out of the blue...and my takeoffs are 100 pips each, on average 3 times the stop. I also trade only along the trend, not from the light of day orders. Martin only compensates for the stop. If the stop was 30 pips and take was 100 pips. Then the second lot is 30% larger than the first one. Let's say was 0.1 to 0.13, if the stop was 25 pips then respectively add 25%, etc.

Lord_Shadows >>: Алексей... Вы же наверняка знаете что просадка в тестере считается не совсем корректно. Я для правильного понимания вставил отчёт с помощью s-Analyzer.

This was addressed to another Alexei, but I will also add my five cents.

The Metakvot hat reflects the correct figures. The fact that such drawdowns are not visible in the picture is a consequence of the fact that the paper drawdown in one position is simply not reflected in the picture. If several positions are opened simultaneously, and not all of them are closed all at once (and there are no such positions, they are somehow sorted out in the report and in the image), then this drawdown will be shown. But it will not be visible within one position.

I looked at the s-Analyzer report. Probably the max drawdown is only shown there by balance and not by equity. I don't believe that with a martin with doubling the equity drawdown on a single position is less than 5%.

Martin is the best tactic, but everyone interprets it directly: to always be you profit increase bets to win - a purely linear strategy only win - about the loss Martin is silent, but you have to know how to lose!

I
see Martin a little different angle: put 0.05 lot down the flow (trend), adding small orders, provided that the first order has already brought at least 20 p and watch the total profit, if there is no profit, then there is no loss, because courageously close all orders simultaneously, but it's so in the research stage has not yet calculated the optimal rates and shares - but the losses are clearly no - and this is already the result :)

E_mc2 >>:

Мартин компенсирует только стоп. Если стоп был 30 пипс а тейк на 100 пипс. То второй лот соответсвенно на 30% больше первого. Скажем был 0,1 стал 0,13, если стоп 25 пипс то соответсвено прибавляю 25% и тд.

Interesting thought...
Is the stop loss fixed? Is there a trawl? Just for example if it is calculated and on the next trade it will be 60 pips, the stop will not be compensated, let alone trawl or transferring the stop to b/o.

Mathemat >>:

Обращение было к другому Алексею, но я тоже добавлю свои 5 коп.

В шапке от Метаквот отражаются верные цифры. То, что таких просадок не видно на картинке, - следствие того, что бумажная (незафиксированная) просадка в одной позиции просто не отражается на картинке. Если открывается одновременно несколько позиций, которые закрываются не все разом (а все разом и не бывает, они ж все равно как-то в отчете и на картинке упорядочиваются!), то эта просадка будет видна. Но внутри одной позиции - нет, не будет ее.

Я смотрел отчет s-Analyzer. Вероятно, макс. просадка там показана только по балансу, но не по эквити. Не верю я, что при мартине с удвоением просадка эквити на одной позиции меньше 5%.

Yes Alexei, I've already understood and answered. Let's get better at it. :)

RomanS >>:

Интересная мысль...
А тейк фиксированный? Трал есть? просто если к примеру тейк расчетный и на следующей сделки составит к примеру 60п. то стоп не будет компенсирован, не говоря уже о трале или переносу стопа в б/у

Not the right rate. Stopped on a 0.1 lot for 30 pips. I have 30 quid. Next lot 1.3 If I set the takeaway at 60 pips, then 60*1.3 = 78 quid. So why the stop will not be compensated? Net would be 48 quid. The stop will be compensated after 30/1.3 = 23 pips. 23 pips would be the buy level.

We don't have a trawl, and we don't have to. Takes are not fixed. I also look at the situation.

E_mc2 >>:

Не правильный ращёт. Стал на лот 0,1 застопился на 30 пипс. Имею - 30 баксов. След лот 1,3 Если тейк ставлю 60п то выходит 60*1,3 = 78 баксов. Так чего это стоп не будет компенсирован?? ЧИстыми выйдет 48 баксов. Стоп будет компенсирван уже через 30/1,3=23 пипса. 23 пипса это будет уровень б\у.

You have an inverted pyramid... The structure is shaky... Any sneeze against seriously affects equity....

E_mc2 >>:

Не правильный ращёт. Стал на лот 0,1 застопился на 30 пипс. Имею - 30 баксов. След лот 1,3 Если тейк ставлю 60п то выходит 60*1,3 = 78 баксов. Так чего это стоп не будет компенсирован?? ЧИстыми выйдет 48 баксов. Стоп будет компенсирван уже через 30/1,3=23 пипса. 23 пипса это будет уровень б\у.

What I have marked in red must be wrong... I think we are talking about 0.13
I get the idea, the stop is fast, it's just that with a 60p profit the plan should be 60 quid, but with the previous stop of 48

RomanS >>:

то что я пометил красным наверное ошибочно... думаю речь идет все же о 0,13
мысль понятна, стоп отбивается быстро, просто при профите в 60п. по плану должно быть 60 баксов, но с учетом прошлого стопа 48

That's a lot of 0.13 and I divided it by the price of a pip. The price of a pip comes out to 1.30. So we are 60*1.3=78. And the stop was for a lot of 0.1 the price of a pip was 1 quid. 30 pips stop = 30 quid. 78-30 = 48. The calculation is correct.

kharko >>:

У вас получается перевернутая пирамида... Конструкция шаткая... Любой чих против серьезно отражается на эквити....

What inverted pyramid? I don't see what's upside down. What sneeze against. Basically, any sneeze against a martin seriously affects the depo. And any martin is a pyramid scheme. My margin is to compensate for 100 pips of stop loss. And my take is 3 times the stop. I don't know, it's working fine.