Classes for creating panels and dialogues - page 6

fxsaber:

I don't know. For my part, everything is only primitive and laid out in a kodobase. I haven't seen any non-standard libraries. I have seen interesting architectural solutions.

But I know. ) What we lack is a quality custom strategy tester with open MQL-code, which could be used in any type of MQL-applications (Expert Advisors, indicators, scripts). We need full manageability and the ability to develop it further.

But for this we need the libraries for creating a graphical interface and various types of charts for data visualization. But also of high quality, and not some other junk. This should be implemented in Aesthetic Constructive Minimalism(ECM) style, where each of these three elements is functioning without detriment to the others. That is, it must be (1) beautiful/intuitive, (2) functional/self-sufficient/optimized and (3) not overloaded.

Ilnur Khasanov:

For example, the trading engine from c-4. It is a full-fledged framework, a lot of things are implemented and convenient. We draw from libraries and use frameworks.

And that too of course. ) Everything in the end should be combined into one mechanism. Into one large library. Not a standard one, but versatile/multimode, where there is no such a thing as something missing again and you have to go through another circle of hell in order to implement it. ))

Anatoli Kazharski:

The request for a quality upgrade in the servicedesk was accepted, but unfortunately went unanswered for a very long time. However, recently there was news that the developers would either continue or write a quality version of their own. Anyway, it will be seen.

To add to it. I found a message from Renat.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Do you use CExpert when creating robots?

Renat Fatkhullin, 2016.10.02 07:44

Comfortable visualization of data flows in the form of graphs similar to plot at R. Operations of reading and writing canvases from/to disk in different formats.

Would have 2D and 3D graphs and all that in source in MQL5.

//---

I'll integrate it all into my version of GUI library later. )

Anatoli Kazharski:

But I do. ) What is missing is a quality custom strategy tester with open MQL code, which could be used in any type of MQL applications (Expert Advisors, indicators, scripts). We need full manageability and the ability to develop it further.

But for this we need the libraries for creating a graphical interface and various types of charts for data visualization. But also of high quality, and not some other junk. This should be implemented in Aesthetic Constructive Minimalism(ECM) style, where each of these three elements is functioning without detriment to the others. That is, it should be (1) beautiful/intuitive, (2) multifunctional/self-sufficient and yet (3) not overloaded with redundancy.

That too, of course. ) Everything eventually needs to be put together into a single mechanism. Into one big library. Not a standard one, but a multifunctional/universal/multimode one, where there is no such a thing as something missing again and you have to go through another circle of hell to implement it. ))

Who needs it!!!

Roche asked the other day, how come no one complained about the current execution of limit orders in the tester? Had to answer - no one uses or understands it.

For what reason there are no reports on CopyTicks bugs? - The answer is the same. They don't use and don't understand, because they don't have to.

Math Libraries in the form of SB - it seems to be a tribute to fashion from the developers. They will write it, but even fewer people will use it than CopyTicks.

The huge work of C-4 is from the category of

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

Classes for creating panels and dialogues

fxsaber, 2016.10.29 12:43

I have already tried to use them, but they are written for my own needs and only for "what I have".

With all due respect. It will be used much less than even your GUI solution. Well, people don't write EAs based on libraries, which are discussed on forums. The coolest one is MQL4. Because it is simple and understandable! MT-tester is cool - because it is simple and clear! And all in the same vein.

Man, I wish I had that kind of capacity.

fxsaber:

Who needs it?!

We have to do it, and then we'll see who needs it. I need it. Then I will show how to use it and everyone will need it. Of course, without giving away some of my know-how, but many people will need it because what will be shown will be interesting enough to grab their interest. )

However, if no one else does, I will. Regardless of whether anyone else needs it or not.

fxsaber:

With all due respect. They will use it much less than your GUI solution. Well, people don't write EAs based on libraries which are discussed on forums. The coolest one is MQL4. Because it is simple and understandable! MT-tester is cool - because it is simple and clear! And all in the same vein.

I don't know yet how many people are using my GUI solution. However, judging by the number of views of my articles, especially in the English part of the site, the MQL community is interested. Most people from other countries also write to me in my personal messages. They ask to add something they miss. For some reason they write more in personal messages than on the forum.

Комбинатор:
Man, I wish I had that much capacity for work.
Anatoli Kazharski:

We should do it, and then we'll see who needs it. I need it. I will then show how to use it and everyone will need it. Of course, without revealing some of my know-how, but many people will need it because what will be shown will be interesting enough to tear you apart. )

However, if no one will do it, I will. Regardless of whether anyone else needs it or not.

fxsaber:
I am retired then all my life. I have never worked for anyone. I'm 35. )

Anatoli Kazharski:
I have been retired then all my life. I have never worked for anyone.

You got that right, 'retirement' is such a specific state of mind. And in that state of mind, people perform miracles of efficiency and desire to help those around them.

I hope this state of mind does not overtake me.

fxsaber:

You got that right, 'retirement' is such a specific state of mind. And in that state of mind, people perform miracles of efficiency and desire to help those around them.

I hope this state of mind does not overtake me.

First of all it is a necessity for me personally. I need a convenient tool, which I like to use. I am a maximalist in this, of course. I do it for myself, and then I publish it for everyone. That's why you have made a mistake in defining my state of mind.

Why should I be greedy? You also publish some of your realizations, and you do not use them only yourself. Besides, it is useful to discuss the result and find faults. That creates a useful feedback loop. Symbiosis. How would you characterize such a state of mind, which you also relate to as I do?

I don't think there's any miracle of performance. I just don't like idle time. Life looks meaningless and stupid if you don't have a goal and an intention to achieve it. I like the creative process. If, at the same time, the result of your actions, is useful to someone, it's of course also very pleasant, but also uncritical if not. A negative result is also a result. It is much better than no result at all.

Anyway, the subject of this thread is about something else entirely. )

Anatoli Kazharski:

Anyway, the topic of this thread is about something else entirely. )

I put it loosely. No criticism, only respect for you. I am, as you rightly pointed out, familiar with a lot of this process. Sometimes I even struggle with the "pensioner" inside me.

I'm glad we had a calm discussion about off-topic on the day off, for which I apologize again.