So who hasn't lived through the day ))) - page 18

Denis Sartakov:
I don't give a damn about your opinion or your sarcasm about it. I am not imposing my opinion on anyone.

So what was it - a simple default - some sort of hidden tax, or something hysterically irrational - a 6% black hole... there seemed to be more moaning and shrieking at the franc drop... on the yen too, there seemed to be promise of the same kind of decisive action...

I have my working EA running from 4:00 to 22:00, ran it on the GBPUSD section with a swing - got a profit. And on Brexit days there would have been profit if I hadn't switched it off beforehand for those days... On the one hand, of course, it's a pity that such a great movement took place without my involvement, but on the other hand it's good that the owls are ready for such turmoil.

And in general, I quite admit the possibility of a planned action on GBP. A couple of billion in funds would have been enough to make such a thing happen. It would have required waiting for the right day and the right time of day (Friday morning) with low trading volumes in the market, and selling the pound on all pound pairs in an appropriate proportion. That way, the fall of the pound against the other currencies will be achieved, and the pairs without the pound would not even move. Actually, this is perfectly shown by the volumes of the corresponding pairs with GBP. In the first minute the same "trading action" with the same volumes has been performed as before (just selling the pound on all the pairs at the same time), after that robots and other market participants, who did not participate in the "action", have entered the market and the pound has sharply increased the volume and was able to recover by half of its drawdown. This is definitely not a reaction to any news, but a planned "trading action".

Комбинатор:
I don't give a shit about your opinion or your sarcasm about it. I'm not imposing my opinion on anyone.

strange, what's with the tone?

I don't give a shit, I don't give a shit.

Andrey Dik:

I have my working EA running from 4:00 to 22:00, ran it on GBPUSD section with a swing - got a profit. And on Brexit days there would have been profit if I hadn't switched it off beforehand for those days... On the one hand it's a pity that such nice moves happened without my interference, but on the other hand it is good that the Owls are ready for such adversities.

I have doubts that your EA would make profit in real trading.

Does your EA already know in advance the broker's spread, slippage, requotes, loss of communication with the broker?

Uladzimir Izerski:

I have doubts that your EA would make a profit in real life.

Does your EA already know in advance the broker's spread, slippage, requotes, loss of communication with the broker?

Why do you need to know in advance?

Andrey Dik:
Why know in advance?
:)))

Andrey Dik:

I have my working EA running from 4:00 to 22:00, ran it on the GBPUSD section with a swing - got a profit. And on Brexit days there would have been profit if I hadn't switched it off beforehand for those days... On the one hand, of course, it's a pity that such a great movement took place without my involvement, but on the other hand it's good that the owls are ready for such turmoil.

Such moves are very few in the whole history, the bot might work now but not at other times. Too little for statistics and uncontrolled risk, where it is impossible to close on stop)

forexman77:
There are only a few such moves in the entire history, maybe the bot would work now and not at another time. Too little for statistics and uncontrolled risk, where it is impossible to close on a stop)
The robot has to survive such situations and even make profit. it's understandable that the ones that trade without stops may not like it.

Andrey Dik:
Why do we need to know in advance?

I would like to know in advance if I can make a profit.

To make sure that your bot works, I suggest to show what your bot is offering at the moment on EURUSD, and we will see the result in the evening.

Ready to show? Or ...?