Writing code in Russian. Pros and cons of such a programme. - page 18

Реter Konow:
You are missing the point more than once. Russian in code - if the code is for personal use. English - for open source code intended for distribution.
Well write in Russian, who forbids or confuses you that the compiler highlights Cyrillic in crimson, which has not done before?

Andrey Barinov:

Is it a special form of convenience to write English words in Russian?

For some reason I was immediately reminded of Zhirinovsky about the Russian language)

Vitaly Muzichenko:
For some reason I was immediately reminded of Zhirinovsky about the Russian language.)
It's a misfortune, they're being stigmatized everywhere ))))

Nikolay Demko:

The red highlighted IMHO is a controversial statement. Practice shows that our programmers are in great demand there.

Again, in my opinion, because they write in a non-native language. They do not have the cognitive dissonance that English-speaking people by birth have.

To give a simple example:

VASYA+MASHA=LOVE we have seen on rocks and trees since our childhood and the phrase...

VASIA+MASHA=LOVE causes cognitive dissonance. But in programming, such a situation is quite normal. Whereas, the same phrase in the Latin alphabet reads better...

VASJA+MASHA=SKANDAL because variables are just variables and their relationships are defined in the context of the program and not in the context of the language used.

There is another feature in English, which in general no longer discriminates between your and our programmers, but still gives an advantage to those who write programs in English...

Readability of the program greatly depends on the length of names, and the English words are shorter than the Russian ones.

My guess is that the length of a variable name should be 3-4 characters, if it's longer then there's a problem, longer is fine, but it shouldn't be a mass phenomenon. One or two long variables in a block does not spoil readability.

This is especially true for frequently repeated variables. That's why counters are best made single-boolean.

You know, my approach to writing programs in Russian is based on my personal, and therefore limited, experience. It's just my subjective opinion and perhaps this approach doesn't suit everybody. Perhaps those to whom it suits, will come to it on their own, while others will use other approaches.

Реter Konow:
I thought we'd already said goodbye. ) So you prefer to hide your illiteracy behind English words? That's original. By the way I noticed that your English spelling suffers. But it's OK, you need to learn English and you'll get better.

Have you said goodbye? - Why would I do that? We solved your misunderstanding with the task, now we are communicating on your topic. The topic is "...Pros and cons...", so far I only see the cons, which is what I'm talking about.

English spelling suffers. I've been talking to an Indian English speaker every day for almost 3 years and an Australian for 2 years. Their dialects are seriously different, different words used in the same situations. A couple of weeks ago I discovered I can understand them without an interpreter, I can even write in a way I can be understood. But I can say with 100% certainty that I don't need to know English to write code at all, that is, at all. Do you know what the word "for" means lexically? - It's "for" in Russian. And what did knowing the meaning of the word for give you? - Nothing! - That's what I mean. Write detailed comments in Russian, and you'll be happy. And better yet, start studying OOP, at least the basic techniques, it will give much more benefit than useless writing of three-storey Cyrillic variables....

Andrey Barinov:

Is it a special form of convenience to write English words in Russian?

Tuskbar is in old Russian. Vypridyraitis.

Nikolay Demko:
Tuskbar is in old Russian. Vyprydiryitis.
Indeed) Listen to Zadornov - their language comes from ours)))

The topic in the technical forum is slipping back into politics, so I'm leaving the thread. All in all, good riddance.

Реter Konow:
Indeed) Listen to Zadornov - their language comes from ours)))
Developing the subject further: they are all our former people. So I have a cognitive dissonance with the opposition between the West and us. It's like a snake biting its own tail.

Vladimir Zubov:
The topic in the technical forum is slipping back into politics, so I'm leaving the thread. All right, everyone.
It's just a joke. All the best to you too))