Why is trading without stop-loss considered absurd for many! - page 2

Viktor Shekhovtsov:

Forex _I gave up stopping more than a year ago. I have been sitting for a long time, the drawdown is floating in the range of --55-40% (for the last half year).

And so (in the long term) I'm working my way up to six figures. Namely, if you calculate (applying the power of compound %) get:

Start 5000 dollars. 60% YoY compounded.

after 3g 29t / 5l 93t / 10l 1,745t...and let it be 50% drawdown at that time / net profit872t.

Not bad, I have so far on one of my accounts with trading without stop loss, in one year and three months a gain of 238%

Roman Busarov:
let's say you got into a deep drawdown without SL. the depo lets you sit idle for a long time... so what? the money needs to work if the strategy is profitable, not to sit idle.

the big question in this strategy!

1. to add money by maintaining a margin level of more than 5k.

2.constantly (every day) making trades by controlling the level with a lock (hedge) with a single-lot.

*The very one-lotness in a hedge has repeatedly proved to be a stable TS in the last 1.5-2 years. 1.5-2г

Roman Busarov:
Let's say you hit a drawdown without a SL. the deposit allows you to sit out for a long time... so what? The money should work if the strategy is profitable, not to sit out.
As you already know, the market is still developing. i don't need the money and i keep working.

Oxana Tambur:
I rarely watch the terminal, I grew up with the group of traders who always sit in front of their monitors and watch)))
This says it all. You will not talk to those who trade with stops, you can trade yourself, but do not talk others into giving up stops. Everyone has his own strategy.

Oxana Tambur:
I am a trader since 2012 and since I entered the market I have been trading without stop-losses till now. Most beginners and market amateurs write that it is all nonsense and only some professionals say that such strategy "has a place to be and live".
I would like to hear the opinion of other people who know about the markets, trading, analytics, etc.
I would like to ask newbies and those who think they know everything not to write rubbish, nonsense and rubbish.
All depends on the properties and capabilities of TS. The perfect TS should ideally bring profit without SL and TP. It makes no sense to separately consider the SL without taking into account the capabilities of the TS in relation to the TP. If you work without the SL, you should be sure that the TS can handle the market even without TP. Therefore, you need to test the TS in the tester, and after making sure that it is able to bring profit without the SL and TP, only then it makes sense to take risks with variant without the SL and larger TP. To protect against force majeure situations, there should be SL depending on the capabilities of the deposit. If you trade small profits without any kind of system and following the "just to get a good close" principle, it will lead to the loss of the deposit. I myself am digging in the direction of working without SL and TP.

Alexander Ivanov:
That says it all. You're not going to persuade those who trade with stops to do it yourself, but don't persuade others to drop the stops. Everyone has his own strategy.
I don't care who trades the same way, someone who has a developed strategy does not need to constantly sit at the monitor, do the analysis, set the deals and go.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
It all depends on the properties and capabilities of the TS. Ideally, a perfect TS should be profitable without SL and TP. It makes no sense to consider SL separately without taking into account the capabilities of the TS in relation to TP. If you work without the SL, you should be sure that the TS can handle the market even without TP. Therefore, you need to test the TS in the tester, and after making sure that it is able to bring profit without the SL and TP, only then it makes sense to take risks with variant without the SL and larger TP. To protect against force majeure situations, there should be SL depending on the capabilities of the deposit. If you trade small profits without any kind of system and following the "just to get a good close" principle, without SL, you will lose your deposit sooner or later.
I have a feeling that with the way I trade only gold there is no point in waiting for big TP, except for those who want to get more. Yes maybe my strategy will fail in 10 years if I don't make some adjustments, no one is disputing it, but it's still alive and sound))

Oxana Tambur:
I'm trading only on gold, there is no point in waiting for large TPs, except for those who want to get more. Yes maybe my strategy will fail in 10 years if I don't make adjustments, no one argues, but it's still in its fifth year, it's alive and well))
So you have a perfect entry system. By the way, I think it's possible to have controlled drawdowns within 50-70%, and for some it's considered a disaster. Assuming the possibility of getting a profit of about 50-100% per year, why can't you allow drawdowns within those limits? You can't outsmart the market.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
So you have a perfect entry system. By the way, I think it is possible to allow controlled drawdowns in the range of 50-70% and for some it is considered a disaster. Assuming the possibility of getting a profit of about 50-100% per year, why can't you allow drawdowns within those limits? You can't outsmart the market.
all true = drawdown floats -50-60 + per year do from 60% + connect a complex % + connect rebate !and all this *fights* with the Market

Oxana Tambur:
It's enough to fix the drawdown with a lock and keep on trading. The money is not worth it, and I keep working.
The absurdity of working without stops is that the strategy may be wrong. And while you sit or hedge swaps slowly but surely destroy the deposit. If it's not kari trade, the money is locked up and doesn't work. And if you sit for a long time, the broker along with the money may give up for a long time.