Who has the following package: Windows 7 x64 and MetaTrader 4 terminal? - page 5

Stanislav Korotky:
Show a screenshot of the file properties from Windows Explorer (first tab).
No screenshots yet.

Karputov Vladimir:
You need to put the terminal in the Data Folder, where you check it. I thought it was clear :)

I know from experience that not everyone understands. Let me explain - open MetaEditor and then:

Here we put it there

Oksana Berenko:

I know from experience that not everyone understands. I'll explain - open MetaEditor and then:

That's where we put

Yes. Right. Wait for the result.

Karputov Vladimir:

Valuable information, thank you. But what to do if the file is originally compiled on another PC? Although the situation is similar - we, in Win 7, are trying to make the terminal to see *.e4 file compiled on another PC and transferred by Skype.

There is obviously something wrong with file attributes here...

I actually meant mq4 they are compiled without errors on one PC and transferred via Yandex drive to another PC. The transferred file is compiled in the editor but the terminal stubbornly fails to see it.

Karputov Vladimir:
Yeah. That's right. Waiting for the results.

I looked, I have all these folders with weird names.

take up 22GB.

I'm going to experiment and see if I can delete the ones I don't need.

This is my tester folder 19.7 GB ))))))))))))))))))))))))

Oksana Berenko:

I've looked, I've got all these folders with weird names.

take up 22GB.

I'm going to experiment and see if I can delete what I don't need.

It's not weird names.) It's the HEX representation of the path to the folders (or the folder names themselves) where the terminals are installed. At least this was mentioned once by the developers. Although I haven't checked it myself - I take my word for it )))

Ihor Herasko:
It's not weird names )) It's a HEX representation of the paths to the folders (or the folder names themselves) where the terminals are installed. At least, it was mentioned once by the developers. Although I on my part still have not checked - I take my word for it ))))
I understand that these are paths to folders with terminals and their settings )))) but names are still strange ))))

Avast antivirus. Deactivation of anti-virus for 1 hour (and something from this anti-virus still remained in memory) and creating a new folder and copying *.ex4 file compiled on another PC to it did not work: on Windows 7 Home Premium (x64 based PC) MT4 terminal persistently does not want to see this folder and *.ex4 file in it.

Karputov Vladimir:
Avast antivirus. Deactivation of anti-virus for 1 hour (at the same time something from that anti-virus still remained in memory) and creation of new folder and copying *.ex4 file compiled on another PC to it had no result: MT4 terminal on Windows 7 Home Premium (x64 based PC) persistently did not want to see this folder and *.ex4 file in it.
Once again, it would be nice to see a screenshot of file properties in Windows Explorer. Windows has a feature to block files from what it considers to be untrustworthy sources. To unlock them you need to press a button there. As long as the file is not unlocked, it's not there for the application programs, and the terminal just doesn't show empty folders.