Stable MTS - page 15

There you go )))) Confirmation of my words))) A real investor should not think so))

prostotrader:

You've been here a long time, you should be used to millionaires and grail makers popping up from time to time :)

Oh-oh, I told you, once there were two $millionaires who could not communicate by voice in Skype, because there was no headset)))) Only chat :))) Funny schoolboys.

azfaraon:
I have always approached the market as something real, not just numbers. Let's imagine an EA with 80% profitable trades is like an excellent class, but if it leaves the class or appears in another situation, it will hardly stay like that because it has adapted to certain conditions... And a mediocre follower is always afloat. In my case, as you see, everything is almost the same and thus earns profit. Besides, humans differ from monkeys in a couple percent... And you see the difference in development.

OK, with the fact that the share of profitable trades may decrease, I'm willing to agree. However, where do you draw the conclusion that there is no balance and about the fit?

An average trader whose profit percentage does not exceed 40% should take profit 1.5 times the average loss. I have not seen it here.

khorosh:
Imagine a situation where you are living off the profits of an EA. What would happen if instead of profits it was in a drawdown for several months at a time? Well, this is, of course, purely my personal opinion.
No, it is not a problem. People who invest serious money in this kind of strategy will not starve to death if they don't receive dividends for a few months.

Oleg Shenker:

The stats are really good. The only thing that confuses me is max loss trade of 135 with average loss of 38 and average profit of 41. And I'm also confused by the 37% drawdown. Looks like the algorithm doesn't use a stop loss.

Here's another confirmation ) you don't know how to read reports.

Can't be a good tester statistic Its profitability is 1.16 with expected payoff at half of spread in such a period of time. Spreads used to be times bigger.

I too will rattle on about break-even years and lack of optimizations if I want to sell my pseudograal when I can't make any money on it myself.

5 spreads, yeah, it doesn't negate the rest.

Комбинатор:

It can't be a good tester statistic, not even a demo one, which has a profitability of 1.16 with expectation of return of half a spread even for such a period of time. The spreads used to be many times bigger.

I may say about break-even years and lack of optimizations, if I want to sell my pseudo-graphy when I cannot earn on it myself.

Where did you see half of the spread?) The spread is 0.5 pips and there is a mathematical expectation of more than 2 ...

We're just talking about what the forum is all about.

azfaraon:
As for the investors, I advise them not to bother. You will just waste your time and nerves. People do not know what they want. Very few people are really ready to take risks.

You are right, people don't know what they want, I should know what they want. Well, I know that they want 10-13% p.a. and a drawdown of no more than 10% with recovery within 2-3 months. At those rates, people will fall in line.

That's not the question. It's not the investors or their willingness. The question is what can realistically be expected from the trading algorithm. How do I know, maybe it's another myth of marketing experts who (as one esteemed colleague here taught me) want to "make money" by pulling investors into unsustainable projects, in other words, by trying to sell them another pipe dream in the form of trading robots.

Oleg Shenker:

OK, with the fact that the share of profitable trades may decrease, I am prepared to agree. However, where do you draw the conclusion that there is no balance and about the fit?

An average trader whose profit percentage does not exceed 40% should take profit 1.5 times the average loss. I did not see that here.

And where did you see 40% of profitable trades?

Oleg Shenker:

You are right, people don't know what they want, I should know what they want. Well, I know that they want 10-13% p.a. and a drawdown of no more than 10% with recovery within 2-3 months. With figures like that, people will fall in line.

You reduce the lot by a factor of 4 and you get what you need...

Комбинатор:

It can't be a good tester statistic, not even a demo one, which has a profitability of 1.16 with expectation of return of half a spread even for such a period of time. The spreads used to be many times bigger.

I would tell about break-even years and absence of optimizations if I want to sell my pseudo-grader when I cannot earn on it myself.

Why not?