Stable MTS - page 11

Imho, the theme resonates -https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/91200
Посоветуйте самый надежный сигналы ...
Посоветуйте самый надежный сигналы ...
  • www.mql5.com
Торговых сигналов " Кто в этой сфере хорошо разбирается, посоветуйте пожалуйста...

Oleg Shenker:
I don't want a profit guarantee... At the moment I don't even want a profit. I want to see an algorithm... Not even that, I want to see someone who has seen a real earning algorithm. Why, I explained above. Briefly - to debunk the stories of various smart people about having a brilliant idea.

I don't get it... If you want an algorithm with no guarantee of profit, Codebase is full of them. And all of them are really making money. At different points in time.

Without a profit guarantee.

Oleg Shenker:
Then introduce me to your graduates of mehm-mat, I will have a business proposition to them.

What's all this agonising about? It's already page 11. It is now possible on MT5 to test an EA on real ticks.

Just test among top products from the market inEvery tick based on real ticks mode and see the result. This test mode is 90% equal to real ticks.

For the sake of interest I suggest to test in Every tick mode to see the difference.

P.S. Please do not contact me with any suggestions.

Oleg Shenker:
I don't want a WARRANTY of profit... At the moment, I don't even want a profit. I want to see an algorithm... Not even that, I want to see someone who has seen a real earning algorithm. Why, I explained above. Briefly - to debunk the stories of various smart people about having a brilliant idea.
Algorithm is the result of intellectual property, which can be copied and used on your own behalf and can be sold or even patented. Of course, no one will show you his working algorithm. There are no fools! But there are plenty of examples for work and analysis, look and see. As for the stories of different smart guys, it is also impossible to debunk all of them, it is a battle with windmills.

Oleg Shenker:

Colleagues, share your experiences. Has anyone seen real trading advisors that make more or less stable money on any type of market...

Look at the results of the Automated Trading Championship. There was a battle of the robots there for 3 months. These are real results, i.e. none of the participants could influence the performance of their EA.

Automated Trading Championship 2012
  • championship.mql5.com
Automated Trading Championship 2012

Alexey Busygin:
Well, why rip him off, he is willing to pay, he is an investor, and in fact, what is an investor for if not to invest in a dead-end project?
I get your idea.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
Imho, the topic resonates -https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/91200

It overlaps, but not quite.

I'm not asking for advice on a reliable algorithm to use, because I can't select a reliable one myself. I have been selecting hedge fund managers for many years for my investors, I know very well how to distinguish a good manager from a talentless lucky guy who shows a great performance for three months. The problem is different, I don't see any good algorithms here. Maybe I just haven't noticed or passed it by, maybe someone has and will point me to something worthwhile.

The second part of the problem is what kind of metrics for MTS to consider good. I basically need an ETALON of a good system to distinguish flies from cutlets.

George Merts:

I don't get it... If you want an algorithm with no guarantee of profit, Codebase is full of them. And all of them are really making money. At different points in time.

Without a guarantee of profit.

Let me explain again. I need a profitable algorithm. But it doesn't mean that (a) I need a guarantee, and (b) I'm going to download this particular algorithm and spend the rest of my life clipping coupons. I need to look at the abilities of such an algorithm to understand what good algorithms can do. And MAY choose this algorithm to work with, or maybe take another one, maybe a little worse, but more suitable for my needs.

Understand, I'm not looking for a specific grail, I'm now interested in the tactical and technical characteristics of grails.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

What's all this agonising about? It's already page 11. It is now possible on MT5 to test an EA on real ticks.

Just test among top products from the market inEvery tick based on real ticks mode and see the result. This test mode is 90% equal to real ticks.

For the sake of interest I suggest to test in Every tick mode to see the difference.

P.S. Please do not contact me with any suggestions.

Dear Petros. Thank you for your advise. Have you done Every tick tests yourself? Have you found even one good algorithm through such tests?

I personally tested dozens of EAs in Every Tick mode (you'll laugh, but before starting to test, I carefully read all instructions and articles on mql5, dedicated to testing, figured out the modes of the tester, methods of generating a pseudo-random sequence of ticks). But alas and ah! The best I found were EAs that remained at zero for several years, i.e. drawing drawdowns and then recovering to drawdowns again.

P.S. By the way, there is no "based on real ticks" mode there, all ticks inside minute bars are artificially generated.

Alexey Busygin:
The algorithm, it is the result of intellectual property, which you can copy and use in your own name and sell or even patent. Of course, no one will show you his working algorithm. There are no fools! But there are plenty of examples for work and analysis, look and see. As for the stories of different smart guys, it is also impossible to debunk all of them, it is a battle with windmills.

It is enough for me to look at the results. What's inside there - let it remain a secret of the developers (however, I need a general understanding of what the robot does, I don't want to buy a martingale in a bag).

I'm not going to debunk anyone. It's enough for me to understand that a person has brought in a bogey to not deal with him, I'm not going to publicly prove that he's a crook. That's not my job. That's the Almighty's job.