Algorithm Optimisation Championship. - page 56

Andrey Dik:
We won't need any troubles with global variables for stopping. We will simply add an alert to the FF when the run limit is exceeded, so that we can stop it hand-to-hand. The algorithm should keep track of how many times it calls the FF.

Write a static counter in the FF itself, and if it is exceeded, the FF will give minus infinity.

And let the contestants make sure they don't get caught.

Nikolay Demko:

Write a static counter in the FF itself, and if it is exceeded, the FF will give minus infinity.

It is solved. The number of valid FF() calls is passed to the participant function. And FF() controls the number of its calls.

Dimitri, I do apologise. So I'm not just thinking of myself. And why did you turn to rudeness? Vasili was not rude to you...

Реter Konow:
Dimitri, I do apologize. So I'm not just thinking of myself. And why did you turn to rudeness? Vasili was not rude...

This is not rude, but a known from my experience to be a very effective motivational address. It has a very beneficial effect on attention, mental alertness, and overall vitality.

It is used in cases where someone does not see something explicitly.

Nikolay Demko:

No, you can't do that.

Run counter inside the FF, the only thing - I'll add an alert when the limit is reached, then manually stop the script and ala ulu - disqualification.

I see your point, Dimitri. It's really not rude... And if I use this expression in a discussion with you, it will be acceptable, right? After all, in discussion with you, for a long time I feel the need to expand the "scientific jargon":)

Реter Konow:
I understand you, Dmitry. Really not rude... And if I use it in a discussion with you, it is acceptable, right? After all, in a discussion with you, for a long time I feel the need to expand "scientific jargon":)

Try it, but you are unlikely to succeed, you need special training and certification here. You can't just mimic it.

Look at this crap again - I haven't looked back a couple of pages, haven't read all the posts carefully to see what this is all about. But immediately switched to figuring things out.

Dear participants, I won't quote every post, I will answer all of them at once.

Vasiliy's example is nothing but "reincarnation" of the second version, the names of variables and functions were changed, but an additional file and number of code lines were added, and the boundary conditions of FF were proposed.

So, the boundary conditions are specified, it will be mentioned again. There is no need to declare them as parameters in the function for several reasons, all of which I have already announced earlier.

But it has become clear that the first connection option is unnecessary, because if the member's algorithm can be connected via the first option, it can certainly be connected via the second one. Therefore it was decided to abolish the first option, leaving only the second.

In general, we could show the import of functions, and after that participants can do whatever they want, but I have given examples and even provided one of the options for the optimization algorithm.

Dimitri, are you talking about yourself? Your self-criticism is admirable! :)

Реter Konow:
Dimitri, are you talking about yourself? Your self-criticism is admirable! :)
Primitive schoolboy-level trolling is not interesting.