Trading against the crowd - is there an interested programmer in working together - page 15

Sergey Mihalev:

I agree with you. The challenges are relevant, I think, not just for this strategy.

I am gradually switching to Elliott Waves, and therefore the above tasks are not so relevant, but I still do the calculations.

Izzatilla Ikramov:
I'm gradually switching to Elliott Waves now, and so the above problems are not so relevant, but I still do the calculations.
Do you want to combine or is it purely Elliott?

Sergey Mihalev:
Do you want to combine or onlly Eliot?
Combine for now and then we'll see.

Izzatilla Ikramov:
Combine for now and then we'll see.
Good idea about the waves. I have made a note of it.

There is a lot of controversy here. The buy-sell balance can go either way for more than one day. And what is interesting is that once it is squeezed, it can squeeze even more times. There are too many variables. Do not forget the commonplace truth. "Buy on extreme pessimism, sell on extreme optimism. It works so often that it is not always safe to play the market.

I liked the phrase trading against the crowd. It's a very good idea. Only I see it a little differently. Crowd for me is those who stick to patterns in trading. It does not matter what side he is on the market at the moment. The main thing is his further behavior that defines whether he is in the crowd or against it. It should be noted that sometimes it is very profitable to move with the crowd, but then you must be with the crowd, but not part of it. Roughly speaking, you must be able to feel it and get out of it in time. I don't mind cooperating.

Lerich127:
"Buy on extreme pessimism, sell on extreme optimism".
Buy rumours sell news )

Both oanda and beech data can be downloaded through this
Торговую утилиту OandaX Download Manager BETA
Торговую утилиту OandaX Download Manager BETA
  • reviews: 2
  • Andrei Trukhanovich
  • www.mql5.com
Данный продукт является бета-версией, это значит, что продукт может содержать ошибки, не всегда работать корректно, не всегда или не вовремя получать...

Комбинатор:
This can be used to download data from both the oanda and the beech
Thank you.

I finally finished the whole description of how to test my strategies on oanda data.

And I put the EA on the test with a history of ~1.5 years. The picture is certainly not great, but the strategy is the most trivial one I could come up with.