A multitime tester? I think a lot of people could use it... - page 3

Alexey Viktorov:
How easy it is for non-programmers to do programming... Whatever you start talking about, everywhere you see the phrase: "it's not hard to implement, but I can't do it myself...".
Actually, I'm a professional programmer (I worked as a programmer for more than 10 years, but more than 20 years of programming and many other things related to the PC), so I say that it's not difficult to implement, because you just attach a local virtual mini server to MT to generate quotes from an internal archive with the desired date and speed, and that's a finished multi-window "tester" with the ability to test any templates from MT itself.

The only problem is that, apart from the Metakvots themselves, it is unlikely that anyone would be able to cobble together such a mini-server.

Комбинатор:
The only problem is that, apart from Metakvot itself, it is unlikely that anyone will be able to write such a mini-server.

I know, you have to know all the details of the platform. It's a pity we didn't choose this way when creating the tester, because it is in fact the most optimal, you can run an Expert Advisor, an indicator, or any template. And most importantly, you just choose a local server (standalone mode), select the date, the speed and go ahead to look at the development of the situation ...

Sergey Efimenko:

I know, you have to know all the details of the platform. It's a pity we didn't choose this way when creating the tester, because it is in fact the most optimal, you can run an Expert Advisor, an indicator, or any template. And most importantly, you just choose a local server (stand-alone mode), select the date, the speed and go ahead to see how the situation develops...

The tester was designed from the beginning to check the Expert Advisors. It was only later that other features started to appear there. I think that even if it comes to your idea, it will happen in the very distant future. There are much more urgent development tasks for the tester now. By that time the manual trading will finally become unfashionable, and the tasks of intertime visual analysis will be even less important. But the optimization function with the possibility to interact in the process, without waiting for the result, may be in demand for some genetic algorithms.

If it is just a matter of visualization, then I suggest a solution - perhaps synchronize the work of the TFs not inside one terminal, but on many terminals simultaneously. Run three МТ5 at a time and look three screens at once. You can, by the way, two MT5 and one MT4, for complete happiness, and so on.

And there used to be an indicator that uploaded data and allowed standalone charts to be opened in the tester, like the one in the picture...

Помогите смоделировать волну Элиота в МТ4
Помогите смоделировать волну Элиота в МТ4
  • www.mql5.com
Здравствуйте...

HeAic:

And there used to be an indicator that uploaded data and allowed standalone charts to be opened in the tester, like the one in the picture...

I think I found it. :)

HeAic:

I think I did. :)

what exactly did you find?

Yes...the tester is designed to test robots...not "manual" strategies, much less multi-window strategies.

Viatcheslav Pashkov:

Yes...the tester is designed to test robots...not "manual" strategies, much less multi-window strategies.

Manual ones are easy, but multi-window ones are not.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/blogs/post/657622

Имитатор торговли в тестере с трейлингом по безубытку
Имитатор торговли в тестере с трейлингом по безубытку
  • Alexey Volchanskiy
  • www.mql5.com
Всех с окончанием выходных и началом новой рабочей недели!Знаю, знаю, соскучились вы по любимой работе, уже руки чешутся учинить что-нибудь доброе и вечное )) Вот вам программка для разминки пальцев -...

Viatcheslav Pashkov:

Are you the developer of the tester, that you know so much about it?