Supporting hedging MT5 - page 13

I am not having an argument with my broker to argue that MT5 hedge is better than MT4, the broker insists that MT4 meets all the safety and trading requirements of forex, do you have an argument?

P.S. I mean the broker's side and its benefits!

Lilita Bogachkova:

I am not having an argument with my broker to argue that MT5 hedge is better than MT4, the broker insists that MT4 meets all safety and trading requirements. Do you have an argument?

P.S. I am referring to the broker's side and its benefits!

I have an account with one of the biggest broker in the world, the choice of platforms they have quite wide, and there is no smell of the fifth, all suffice four quite.

Also the second broker has no five, only four and others.

I wonder what is the reason for that? Maybe because of the sufficiently full functionality in the four?

In fact, the answer to your broker is obvious, they are right, it makes no difference where to press the button Buy or Sell, they are the same size and location everywhere, and to argue that the fifth version is easier to press it - is not impressive.

In order to admire and surprise the fifth version, you need to add something to it, that isn't present in the fourth version, and this is clearly not a compiler and not a tester, since the majority comes to the market to trade, not to test and write programs, and the tester for ordinary users, much less for broker or brokerage company - do not surprise. They need a weighty argument, it makes no sense to pay MQ money for a license to use Five - what is the additional cost for brokerage companies?

Because of the MT5 hedge there is cannibalism of MT5 and MT4 platforms, they are not complementing each other but destroying each other - maybe it will be up to MQ to decide to stop developing MT4, gradually closing trading on all new builds of MT4 thus forcing to switch to another platform. Or one day all quads will be upgraded to 5.

Lilita Bogachkova:
Because of MT5 hedge there is cannibalism of MT5 and MT4 platforms. They do not complement each other but destroy each other - perhaps it will be necessary for MQ to decide to stop developing MT4, gradually closing trading on all new builds of MT4 thus forcing to switch to another platform. Or one day all fours will upgrade to fives.

Well forced is not good. For example, I'm very stressed by the glamour of the buttons in the fifth, and the size, too, it is very distracting - they would be a little smaller, and made black and white, then yes, the transition may have thought about. But the fourth is quite enough, it has everything, and it all works fine and error-free, there's simply no better.

An outstanding example on the Windows, was XP, then came crooked unworked glamorous Vista, everyone ran to Vista, then the bulk back to XP, then came WIN7, and it was a delight, people fled in droves to WIN7, leaping over Vista at the same time.

Perhaps here too, to cut out the panic, we need to combine 4 and 5 into a sixth version, so that it works with programs 4 and 5, and so that the compiler supports the two styles of writing and working. Downloaded a program for a four or five in the network, compiled it in the sixth compiler, and the problem is solved - everything works, it is possible to make minor changes, such as were made after the 600 build. And the developer how much inconvenience, there is no support for the fourth writing language, the language was changed drastically, it was more correct to complement and develop, but here it was changed at all. It doesn't affect the program's performance in any way but it does for its writing.

Now we are in the middle of nowhere, except for the label of the program instead of mq4 > mq5.

Now in order to move to the fifth, the average trader has to create such a thing: "Dear programmers, I'll pay you for rewriting free indicator from 4 to 5" - it makes no sense, it is another reason why traders use 4.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Now in order to move to the fifth, the average trader has to create this thing: "Dear programmers, I will give you money to rewrite the free indicator from the fourth to the fifth" - it makes no sense, that's another reason why they are sitting on the fourth.

Scaring MT4 users with any kind of complexity is not a good idea, it would be seen as a shot in the foot for MQ. If you want to attract and perhaps attract new users to MT5 you'd better develop a better and more versatile'MQL5 Wizard' and let's say a generated 'MQL5 Wizard' product would be able to pass the Market test.

Added

I meant making it easier for a trader to generate trading strategies or strategy tools with the quality required by the Market.

Lilita Bogachkova:
If you want to scare the users of MT4 with any difficulties - you can't, it will be regarded as a shot in the leg for MQ. The tool should attract and perhaps attract new users to MT5 by developing a better and more versatile'MQL5 Wizard'. Let's say the generated 'MQL5 Wizard' product could be checked on the Market.

Here you are again looking from the angle of the developer and the vendor.

You are looking from the perspective of an ordinary user who has not come to write and sell, but to trade. I haven't gathered statistics and conducted surveys, but some of my clients, who have been trading for several years, are still not registered on this site and don't really care what's going on here, they just sit and press the buttons in the terminal at home. The percentage of developers and programmers can be counted on the fingers, so the transition may be profitable for them, but not for simple traders who are happy with MQL5.

Well, imagine the situation, the market has bought a product, or downloaded a free product on the net and it successfully uses, in order to move to the fifth, he needs to buy it for the fifth version, but it may not be written, then you need to order that copied for the fifth, for this you need to cast some money, with some more hassle, you need to download a platform, configure "for yourself", then remove the fourth, wait while rewrite the program, install it and use. The question is: Is it really necessary? For what all this fuss and costs, both temporal and monetary!

Now, imagine that every loser will start churning out programs "like squirrel nuts" and put them on the market. Yes, the market will make a dump like now in codebase, and it will be impossible to find something useful. If I alone will put all actually written, there already would be more than a thousand all sorts of junk. And if everyone will do so who is not too lazy, and the more so a body far from the theory of programming and market, the figure will go beyond the millions. The more so, the more so that they do not need the 'MQL5 Wizard', the more so that they are able to write something worthwhile and useful.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I've been thinking about the MQL5 Wizard for several years now, and I've been thinking about it.

Renat reminds everyone: MQ market doesn't consist only of geeks! Therefore, we need to develop'MQL5 Wizard' in a way that it would be understandable even to a cleaning lady, but at the same time there is no need to get into the code of the generated product to ensure its stability.

Imagine when the wizard would be available from the trading platform, you open it, generate it and immediately get an indicator, script or Expert Advisor, I think it would add more users and we are not talking about publishing of the generated products in the Market, but giving users the opportunity to feel themselves creators, perhaps with a positive result :)))

Added by

To answer my own question: "What are the arguments in favor of MT5?" I guess it all depends on the number of users of a trading platform. If you free the users of MT5 from programmers and give them an opportunity to create by themselves - it's like freedom, which is not insignificant.

MQs have gone so far as to send SPAMs to phone terminals, like "switch to MT5". Apparently, the promotion is not going well at all...

Andrey Khatimlianskii:
MQs have gone so far as to send SPAMs to phone terminals, like "switch to MT5". Apparently, the promotion is not going well at all...
I don't know, no mobile platform, but there are two brokers who have no MT5 platform and are not planning to yet, but only quadruple and others, and according to them less demand from the others.

Anton Zverev:
Please knock when it's corrected!

The commission has been removed from the tester. Completely ))

Well, at least that's the way it is. Just have to keep in mind that the real costs will be higher.