How do I check whether 'Optimisation' or 'Forward Optimisation' is in progress? - page 3

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Because the first half is the result of optimisation and the second half is the result of a forward.
It won't match,

Youri Tarshecki:
There will be no match.

What won't match and what, and why should it?

First the tester performs optimization (all passes), then the forward. There are as many optimization runs, as many forwards. There will always be an even number of lines in the file. First half of lines is from optimization, the second half is from forwards.

Youri Tarshecki:
Because you set the back and forward sizes in dates, not in balance lines.
First the tester performs optimization (all passes), then the forward. How many optimization runs there were, so many forwards. There will always be an even number of lines in the file. First half of lines from optimization, second half from forwards.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
First tester performs optimization (all passes), then forward. The number of optimization passes and the number of forwards will be equal. There will always be an even number of lines in the file. First half of lines is from optimization, the second half is from forwards.

Are you sure that OnTester is called twice when running a back-and-forth.

And in order to correctly run forward, you must save the result of optimization and forward to run with the obtained set, otherwise what is the point of optimization? Can you use the OnTester to do it?

Youri Tarshecki:

1. Are you sure that OnTester is called twice when running a back-and-forth.

And to correctly run forward, you need to save the result of optimization and forward run with the obtained set, otherwise what is the point of optimization? Can you use OnTester to do it?

1. Absolutely!

2. I think we are discussing forward optimization in МТ5 Tester, it's a standard feature, everything is done there for us.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

1. Absolutely!

2. I think the talk is about forward optimisation of the MT5 tester - a standard feature, it's all done for us there.

2 In the optimization mode, the built-in tester optimizes the back first, and then the forward. We do not need to optimize the forward position just to check the balance of the forward order corresponding to the selected back.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

1. absolutely!

If this is the case then simply count the number of calls and at every other call, process the data and save it to a file.

Youri Tarshecki:
If this is the case then just count the number of calls and on every second one process the data and save to file.
If so, it would be easier, but first all optimization is done, then all forwards.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
If it were, it would be easier, but first all the optimisation is done, then all the forwards.
That's why I suggested doing optimization separately, and back-end forward run separately. And already on the second initialization OnTester of this run, corresponding to the forward can catch the data, as you suggest.

Youri Tarshecki:
That's why I suggested doing optimization separately and back-end run separately. And on the second initialization of OnTester of this run, you can catch the data, as you suggest.

I think we are talking about the standard forward testing function in MT5.

If you do it yourself, you can do anything, but even if you do it yourself, it will not be rational, it will require to run the terminal in test mode for one pass instead of optimization (several passes at a time), it will take much extra time to start and finish terminal's operation.