Reading indicator buffers set to chart - page 7

comp:

Of course, I know my way around and create an N-th crutch that will work. And talked about it. Pay attention to

It simply can't be done (and there are no big data transfers, not at all. GetPtr has proved it)! And I fail to see it as "caring about users" so that they wouldn't "hammer nails with a microscope". Architecturally, it is precisely you who suggest a crooked design by your logic.

Because for every option, you will have to get sophisticated.

GetPtr has shown that you are drawing the wrong conclusions.

comp:

Please change the indicator and EA so that they do not print to the log. And the EA will show the value of the indicator buffer where the mouse is hovered. I have given an example of such an EA.

You don't show the source code, so you must understand some skepticism towards ex4, where there are various ways to create the appearance that everything is as you want to show it.

If you refuse, then all that remains is to thank me for my time, but in vain.

Files:
icomp_v3.ex4  8 kb
ecomp_v3.ex4  10 kb

pako:

Like you're some kind of secret know-it-all? What would happen if you posted the mql, would you get diarrhea?

pako:

The indicator is slowing down the terminal terribly. By eavesdropping on the EA

#property strict

void OnChartEvent( const int id, const long& lparam, const double& dparam, const string& sparam )
{
  Print((string)id + " " + (string)lparam + " " + (string)dparam + " " + (string)sparam);

return;
}

it immediately becomes clear why

There is also a custom ChartEvent event that can be sent to the EA by any mql5 program usingtheEventChartCustomfunction.

I give an "A" for the invention, and an "F" for the subject.

You had fun!

comp:

The indicator is slowing down the terminal terribly. By eavesdropping on the EA

it immediately became clear why.

That's funny!

so your indicator is slowing down

the indicator is in the trailer, use this owl ---->https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/75910/page3#comment_2333030

you can overhear it or watch it.

Чтение буферов индикатора, установленного на чарт
Чтение буферов индикатора, установленного на чарт
  • www.mql5.com
Нужно скриптом считать текущие показатели его индикаторных буферов (INDICATOR_DATA), что видны по CTRL+D. - Страница 3 - Категория: технические индикаторы и анализ рынка форекс
Files:
icomp_v4.ex4  7 kb

pako:

So your turkey's a bit slow.

It works for me without any brakes at all.

the turkey is in the trailer, use this owl ---->https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/75910/page3#comment_2333030

you can overhear it or watch it.

What should I see? You are engaging in manipulation, trying to camouflage your crutch as ex4.

comp:

You probably haven't encountered such "strange" tasks, hence your IMHO.

The event model exactly in the indicator that draws is very handy. What's more, I set a dozen buffers but only draw one/two. The rest are auxiliary info on each bar, seen by CTRL+D. It really does help to understand a lot when exploring.

Here we go again - "convenient", that's all.
Have you even tried for a second to put yourself in my position (I've tried yours)? Look at the problem from a different perspective, rather than stupidly repeating "it's more convenient, it's more convenient".

There is a flaw in your implementation (well, or MT is not honed for it). My variant doesn't have it.
Let it be an OOP-indicator that visualizes everything we need. But let the EA control it!

OK, I guess I've had another conversation with myself. Good luck with your research (no irony)!

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Let's have an OOP indicator that visualises everything you need. But let the Expert Advisor control it!

And what if there are several indicators that do not depend on each other logically? By the same Expert Advisor?

I understand that there is a solution through the Expert Advisor. And I've been using this logic for some time. But this is "tonsils up your ass".

Cram everything you can think of into one Expert Advisor/Manager (you cannot have two, because two indicators may be on the chart) - this is what you suggest. Surely this approach would work.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

You should try contacting Service Desk. Explain everything in detail and show them. They might be able to suggest something. But not for sure it will be fast.

Yes, if they answer, please post the answer here.

Answer (in full):

No, sorry. We will not add the functionality you suggested

Piece of cake! You can see the indicator on the chart, but we will not allow you to get its values - once again you have confirmed your role.

comp:

What if there are several indicators that do not depend on each other logically in any way?

Then why compare them?

I'm really trying to understand.