There is an interesting trading idea. Help me find errors in the code (mql4). - page 2

Alexey Volchanskiy:
// и все Point заменить на _Point

mql4 currently has four variants of Point requests

Point
Point()
_Point
(int)MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT)

What is the difference between them and which one is better to use for real trading? I am using it on a real account via market info.

Vladimir Zubov:

What is the difference between them and which one is better to use for real trading? I am using it on a real account via market info.

The old Point variant is not even in the manual. The _Point and Point() variants are correct, but Renat recommended to use the function.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
The old variant of Point is not even in the help. The _Point and Point() variants are correct, but Renat recommended to use a function.
Of course, he knows better, but I would like to know the reason.

Can you upload screenshots of the properties of the folders where the history files are located. I think there is something wrong with the attributes or access rights. Maybe the operating system prevents the tester from changing the files with quotes

Vladimir Zubov:

What is the difference between them and which one is better to use for real trading? I use MarketInfo for real trading.

If you need to get the value of Point symbol different from the current one, you should use MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT).

The _Point and Point variants are left over from old compatibility times. But the explicit conversion of double type to int is not appropriate here since Point() and MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT) return number 0.0001 or 0.00001 (depending on the quotation accuracy of 4 or 5 signs) of double type.

What is it and how can it be fixed?

2016.02.13 18:05:07.917 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 83 at 2016.02.12 23:45 exceeded)

Yaroslav Gladkov:

What is it and how can it be fixed?

2016.02.13 18:05:07.917 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 83 at 2016.02.12 23:45 exceeded)

This is a historical data error. Affects the accuracy of the simulation.

Vitalii Ananev:

If you need to get the value of Point symbol different from the current one, you should use MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT), if the current one, I use Point().

The _Point and Point variants are left over from old compatibility times. But the explicit conversion of double type to int is not appropriate here since Point() and MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT) return number 0.0001 or 0.00001 (depending on the quotation accuracy of 4 or 5 signs) of double type.

That's what I copied (int), of course, I don't use in this case. But when I got confused and it is not clear which method is better to use and why, I decided to use only the info mart, even on the current character.

Check out this website http://tickstory.com/

Can their software solve this problemTestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 83 at 2016.02.12 23:45 exceeded)

Yaroslav Gladkov:

Check out this website http://tickstory.com/

Can their software solve this problemTestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 83 at 2016.02.12 23:45 exceeded)

Configure the terminal to store the maximum number of bars in the history and in the window.

Reload the terminal

Download the quotes history (F2 key) of the required symbol, starting from M1

Reload the terminal.

P.S. My quotes history is not downloaded in the picture, because I do not use the tester in this terminal.