Is it better not to trade at 11 p.m.? - page 5

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Are there any feet? How big are they?

I could be wrong, but stops do not characterise a market pattern, but rather are an adjustment filter. Therefore there are no stops as a matter of principle.

To expand on the subject a bit more, a few percent (the most profitable and most unprofitable) trades similarly have nothing to do with the pattern used by the TS. It is just a lucky or unlucky coincidence. The rest of trades are a result of the logic of the TS working, rather than coincidences.

Today was an extremely difficult EURCHF. Only thanks to not fully round-the-clock trading interval I managed to be in the plus. The guy traded without stopping. And in the plus!

The algorithm for identifying and recording of his trades seems to have been worked out. I am debugging it now. The algorithm will not be universal, but may be useful only for reengineering this particular guy. Probably, it will be worth it.

zaskok3:

I could be wrong, but stops do not characterise a market pattern, but rather are an adjustment filter. There are therefore no stops as a matter of principle.

It was a question about the termination price of the strategy.

If the strategy involves stops (whether fixed or by another signal), then you can estimate the maximum loss (not taking force majeure into account, but still).

And if the strategy is "enter and hold until the TP is triggered", then the stop price = 100% of invested funds.

Has anyone monitored the TC?
From what I can tell, it's a grider.
The author has an error in the code - the volumes are shown twice as much as they actually are. Or someone's copying my volume right away... Which is unlikely.

Heroix:
The author has an error in the code - the volume shown is 2 times greater than it really is. Well, or someone copies my volume at once... Which is unlikely.

There's no bug in the code, and no copying (the first thought that comes to mind immediately). Developers have been frantically looking for a bug in their code for a few days now (also noticed it immediately and informed them). Can not reproduce, although (now two of them for sure) it reproduces at once. One shows a single volume, then double.

Torturing logs and Level2 history... Waiting for a correction. The kid's volumes aren't affected much. He has an open pose for ~18 lots with a take and in the same place an opposite limiter for almost the same volume. I assume that when there are ~76 lots on the gang, it's a manifestation of a double volume bug.

Heroix:
According to my observations, it is a gridiron.

It does not look like a grider:

In a gridiron, the distance between channels is either constant (in absolute or relative terms), as a rule. This is not the case here. Moreover, limiters sometimes line up in a different order if you look away from the current price. And this property does not look like a Grider at all.

Generally speaking, it has a functional dependence with the values of input parameters for each channel.

Today there will be Fed data, it will not turn off (and reduce the lot), judging by its previous behaviour. Consequently, it will either make a lot of profit today (on the twitch) or lose a lot (unidirectional movement). I will intentionally enter the trade (lower lot), even though according to backtests I have to start trading an hour later than the news. It's more interesting.

zaskok3:

It does not look like a grider:

In a grider, the distance between channels is either constant (absolute or relative), as a rule. This is not the case here. Moreover, limiters sometimes line up in a different order if you look away from the current price. This property does not resemble a gridiron at all.

It is not a secret that there are adaptive tools. And this one is one of them. You say it is a channeler, and you are partially right.
As we noticed, the levels move after the price, but on the other hand, there is an element of position averaging that is a sign of a grid. And yesterday on EURCHF the grid was not even: it was averaged in batches of orders and there was ~2 times more distance between the batches than between the orders.

Oh, the forex gurus are here... I'm gonna read... maybe I'll learn a thing or two. But somehow you're flying at a high level.

where is it a robot? or is it manual trading?

Alexander Ivanov:
Where is it a robot or manual trading?

Read the whole topic from the beginning and then start babbling)))

I'm curious myself.

Must be a lot of fun to trade theEURCHF pair, especially looking at the collapse in January, and with a chain of orders?