MetaEditor - page 5

Alexander Puzanov:
I don't even know what to say. It's different for me. Probably because both MT5 and MT4 are standing. It would be good if the developers could comment.

Ehhh, that's where crowdfunding would come in handy.

I'm too lazy to do it for free, and it's a lot of money for one person.

Комбинатор:
Bullshit.
Nope, some account types require a specific broker's installer to open an account. A simple scan of the servers will open an account, but the conditions may be different (e.g. you don't choose 1:1000 leverage).

Комбинатор:

Ehhh, that's where crowdfunding would come in handy.

Otherwise it would be too lazy to do it for free, and it would cost a lot of money for one person.

And what could be a universal solution? Open source in the last active editor? And if mqh - in whose editor to open (4 or 5)?

I think you need to use one editor for development and open everything in it. It would be convenient if you could select it "once and for all".

As it is, I've been opening everything via the navigator or just dragging a file into the editor window for a long time now.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

What could be a one-size-fits-all solution?

Elementary - in the installer dialog box "use default" and the same box in the terminal properties

Alexander Puzanov:
Elementary - check box "use default" in installer dialog and same check box in terminal properties
The terminals are already in place, it doesn't fit.

One editor for all terminals is the optimal solution.

Victor Nikolaev:
One editor for all terminals is the optimal solution.
This is a piece of the solution - the problem of the default data folder (where downloaded files are moved to) will remain

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

What could be a one-size-fits-all solution?

Why don't I write you a private message and you tell me if it's really a universal solution :). You know I don't like to bullshit.

Victor Nikolaev:
One editor for all terminals is an optimal solution.
Doesn't solve the problem with the market

Комбинатор:

Let me write you a solution in private and you tell me if it is really universal :) . You know I don't like to ramble on.

Doesn't solve the problem with the marketplace.

I have several terminals running. All of them run with /portable switch. If I download something (and I have to download it often - just to check code, decompile or not), editor is launched without key. It doesn't matter if it's running or not.

As a result, I've got 2*(number of terminals used) editors. At the same time, if I want to restore the file, it turns out that it restores the file to the wrong place. Most often to the sandbox. I've found a way (rather silly) to circumvent it. But it is annoying.

I have made a include file and the Expert Advisor cannot find it. Everything is in different directories. The EA is on the D drive and the library is in the sandbox.

So the best solution is to specify the working directory for each editor in the settings. The directory may be unified.