MetaEditor - page 4

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I agree with the approach with a few reservations. I have MT4 and MT5 terminal folders for development and the demos are registered there. I do all coding only in them. There are cpy***.bat scripts with the following contents in the root of these folders

Thus, I have a guaranteed equal copies of the needed programs in compiled form in terminals of both working and demo accounts. By the way, this approach automatically removes the temptation to change something in a program in one terminal (and then I will move it to other terminals...) and successfully forget about copying changes to other terminals.

SZY - I've noticed a terrible thing in my learning experience. 90% of our wretched programmers don't use Total Commander (or any other file manager), they use ugly Explorer. We all know that Explorer was developed by MS for American housewives and its principle is "Minimum functionality - minimum brains! )) It is painful to see a person, who wants to learn programming, spend 10 minutes with mouse on the screen, click the copy-paste to perform the simplest operation of unpacking zip to different folders... A horror story. I hardly ever use a mouse in TC, I do almost everything on the keyboard. The same goes for the most primitive scripts at the level of ancient .bat or .cmd files, not to mention PowerShell.

What if I do everything through the Storage (MQL5 Storage)? In the main terminal (which is only for development) make a change and immediately fix it in the storage.

When you open another terminal, the first thing to do is to run MetaEditor from this terminal and update the codes from the Storage.

Karputov Vladimir:

What if you do everything through the Storage (MQL5 Storage)? Make changes in the main terminal (which is only for development) and immediately fix them in the Storage.

When another terminal is opened, the first thing to do is to run MetaEditor from this terminal and update the codes from the Repository.

Of course, all important projects are stored in the Repository. And I don't need sources in other terminals, they contain only compiled versions of programs. This prevents creation of forks in the set of terminals. Everyone works only with the latest version. After all, as far as I understand, .ex* files are not written to the Vault?

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Разумеется, все важные проекты лежат в Хранилище.

1. I have no use for the source code in other terminals, they only contain compiled versions of programs. This prevents the creation of forks in the terminal set. Everyone works only with the latest version.
  2. After all, as far as I understand, .ex* files are not written to the Vault?

1. Then, yes. Your approach is a good choice.
  2. Yes. Only source files are written to the Vault.

Karputov Vladimir:

Open another terminal - the first thing to do from that terminal is to run MetaEditor and update the codes from the Warehouse.

Even worse. Suppose I have two terminals. One is a working one and one is a test one, and the first one is in operation and in real time.

The second one is carrying out experiments with the robot that is running on the first one. It can be a real mess there.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
After all, as far as I understand, .ex* files are not written to the Warehouse?
You can write anything

Комбинатор:
You can write anything
Well, it's quicker for me to run a batman than to crawl through 10 terminals and load everything from storage

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Open the editor by hand, what's the problem? Or make a folder on your desktop and put shortcuts to all the editors' instances there. Or put a registry-tracking program, Russinovich has a free one. Then put one more terminal and see what and where in registry was changed.
So, maybe we should make it so there is no dancing with tambourines instead of inventing something?

I think I can solve all your problems )

Karputov Vladimir:
There is a simple remedy: disassemble all "zoo" from many terminals and leave only one. And from this terminal connect to different trade servers.

Yeah. Instead of solving the problem, let's come up with 20 more options.

A simple opening of mq4 file is performed by that editor which was last installed (terminal). This is a fact.

It does not help even if you are told to open it with the required editor.

There is no editor's template.

Vasyl Nosal:
So maybe we should make sure there's no tambourine dancing instead of making things up.
There's a lot to do and change in this world)) But I am a realist and live for today. The options for today are what I suggested.