Tick story - page 20

Alexey Kozitsyn:
What if I then connect to a different server? Or rescan the network and connect to the same one? Does the error remain?
Rescanning the network doesn't help. Reconnecting to another server doesn't help either.

Karputov Vladimir:
Re-scanning the network doesn't help. Reconnecting to another server doesn't help either.
Talk to the SD. The connection to the server drops periodically. A couple of times a day for sure!

Alexey Kozitsyn:
Talk to the SD. The connection to the server drops periodically. A couple of times a day for sure!
I don't lose connection - I disconnect/connect from the internet myself to identify some nuances.

MetaTrader 5 x64 build 1202 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)
Windows 10 Pro (x64 based PC), IE 11.00, UAC, Intel Core i3-3120 M  @ 2.50 GHz, RAM: 1161 / 3981 Mb, HDD: 66059 / 234136 Mb, GMT+02:00
authorized on MetaQuotes-Demo through Access Point RU (ping: 74.53 ms)

The indicator asks for and receives ticks, but as soon as you disconnect the internet (after disconnection you have to wait

connection to MetaQuotes-Demo lost

) and then turn on the internet again and CopyTicks stops giving the requested ticks.

Karputov Vladimir:

The indicator asks for and receives ticks, but as soon as you disconnect the internet (after disconnection you have to wait for

) and then turn on the internet again and CopyTicks stops giving the requested ticks.

Where did Bild 1202 come from?

Михаил:
Where did Bild 1202 come from?
From the update. Need to be connected to MetaQuotes-Demo

Artyom Trishkin:
From the update. Need to be connected to MetaQuotes-Demo
What is the difference between 1200 and 1202?

Михаил:
What's the difference between a 1200 and a 1202?
I don't know ;) Just upgraded myself.

MetaTrader 5 x64 build 1203 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)
Windows 10 Pro (x64 based PC), IE 11.00, UAC, Intel Core i3-3120 M  @ 2.50 GHz, RAM: 1307 / 3981 Mb, HDD: 65821 / 234136 Mb, GMT+02:00
authorized on MetaQuotes-Demo through Access Point EU1 (ping: 50.45 ms)

The situation with CopyTicks resuming after disconnection has not changed:

The indicator asks for and receives ticks, but as soon as you disconnect the internet (after disconnection you have to wait

connection to MetaQuotes-Demo lost

) and then turn on the Internet again and CopyTicks stops giving the requested ticks.

Can we consider this approach correct: requesting n-ticks in the indicator each time we call OnCalculate()? How will the trade server "look" at it?