Build 3262 - Issue

My terminal updated today to build 3262  via the standard update process.

But instead of updating it has created a completely new build, new directories etc. and just over-written the desktop icon links to point to the new build.

This is a real pain!! everything now has to be manually moved and updated, 

Paul Anscombe: My terminal updated today to build 3262  via the standard update process. But instead of updating it has created a completely new build, new directories etc. and just over-written the desktop icon links to point to the new build. This is a real pain!! everything now has to be manually moved and updated, why isn't this stuff tested before release.
Isn't that a Beta build? You're an experienced user so shouldn't you just be sticking to official builds only and not messing with beta builds?

Fernando Carreiro #:
Isn't that a Beta build? You're an experienced user so shouldn't you just be sticking to official builds only and not messing with beta builds?

if it is then it shouldn't be as I don't use the beta builds.. 

guess I'll do a restore

Paul Anscombe :

My terminal updated today to build 3262  via the standard update process.

But instead of updating it has created a completely new build, new directories etc. and just over-written the desktop icon links to point to the new build.

This is a real pain!! everything now has to be manually moved and updated, why isn't this stuff tested before release.

I don't know what your problem is - I updated to build 3262. I have all my Expert Advisors, indicators and the like in their places. And yes, I DO NOT use 'portable' mode, I DO NOT disable 'UAC' on the operating system and I USE Windows 10 x64.

Vladimir Karputov #:

I don't know what your problem is - I updated to build 3262. I have all my Expert Advisors, indicators and the like in their places. And yes, I DO NOT use 'portable' mode, I DO NOT disable 'UAC' on the operating system and I USE Windows 10 x64.

I don't know either, never had it happen before, it did what it did, I restored to the before the update so all ok now.

Paul Anscombe # :

I don't know either, never had it happen before, it did what it did, I restored to the before the update so all ok now.

Can you see the log file from the "Journal" tab? What records were there after the start of the update (from the start of the reboot and on ...)?

Vladimir Karputov #:

Can you see the log file from the "Journal" tab? What records were there after the start of the update (from the start of the reboot and on ..

no I did a restore of the drive, not to worry :)