Gorgeous Uncle Martin Gale - The Thorny Road to Millions or Total Collapse ! - page 5

George Merts:

Why give it away? It is enough to show success.

And about "usually we use martin + tehanalysis", that's what I'm saying: where the analysis is correct, you don't need a martin. And if we have more than a hundred trades - with or without martin - there will be no difference.

But, of course, if there are any doubts, go ahead, we do not even need the analysis, enter by a coin, and Martin will earn us money. There are conditions under which a martin with entries on a coin for life will never sell out. Only no one likes these conditions - the deposit is too big.

I've taken my time and tested my exp to compare it with a fixed lot and with exponential lot increase.

With fixed lot:

With exponential lot gain:

Now compare expectation and profit. I selected a fixed lot so that maximal drawdown is approximately the same. There are less deals in the fixed lot mode because in this mode a series of orders is harder to reach profit and a trade lasts longer. In the mode with increasing lot, a trade is finished faster and a new series is started earlier.

It's a grill. Share the code?

What if it's on 1minutes? And the resulting difference in results would increase on Demo, not to mention Real!

khorosh:

Didn't take the trouble to test my exp...

It was about success, not testing, especially in the MT4 tester, not MT5, where the tester is more advanced...

Successes are monitoring from the real, where the initial account is $1000 or more.

khorosh:

I took the trouble to test my exp to compare it with a fixed lot and with exponential lot increment.

With fixed lot:

With exponential lot increment:

Now compare expectation and profit. I selected a fixed lot so that maximal drawdown is approximately the same. There are less deals in the fixed lot mode because in this mode a series of orders is harder to reach profit and a trade lasts longer. In the mode with increasing lot, a trade is finished faster and a new series is started earlier.

It looks good, may be you share your trading principles - trend or counter trend, grid or stops?

I recently traded a bunch of Expert Advisors from "martin" (according to Fibonacci) - alas, the result was a loss. The reason is the Black Monday in August - the movements were extremely large against the position - I used the grid on the mask. But, if I had withdrawn funds I would not have been offended, but I have lost 550% of profit.

The conclusion is obvious - Martin works, but it needs to be properly maintained.

Sorry, but imho on topic ))

George Merts:

And what I said about "usually using martin + tehanalysis" is that martin is not needed where the analysis is correct. And if we have more than a hundred trades - with or without martin - there is no difference.

That's what I'm illustrating. And about the deposit, do not forget that I've written that I see no difference: 1 account with an initial deposit of $ 1000 or 10 accounts of 100 quid. I am quite satisfied with MT4 tester, after successful testing I start it immediately on cent account, I don't use demo.

Boris:
What if it's on 1 minute? And the resulting difference in results increases on the Demo, not to mention the Real!
The only reason I use M5 is because the broker gives a limited number of quotes on the real. And M5 allows us to cover a larger historical period for testing and optimization than M1. I prefer not to use third-party quotes and demo quotes.

Evgeny Belyaev:
That's gral. Share the code?

Why do you need a martin, you don't believe in it). Didn't you write:

"Martin can drain even before doubling the deposit. If you have a profitable, stable strategy, why do you need a martin? Martingale can kill even a profitable strategy, because the risks are constantly inflated."

Be consistent).

khorosh:
The only reason I use M5 is that the broker gives a limited number of quotes on the live market. M5 allows me to use a larger historical period for testing and optimization than M1. I prefer not to use third-party quotes and demo quotes.
I did not know! I have always used quotes of up to 5 years on REAL, exactly on 1minutes in the tester, but now I am testing up to one year which is enough. And on Demo and Real it works on M5 too, because on M1 hangs an auxiliary owls for info only, so as not to overload the main one.