Gorgeous Uncle Martin Gale - The Thorny Road to Millions or Total Collapse ! - page 3

George Merts:

But that's the thing, if you "double up every month", the loss won't be the unfortunate "two initial deposits".

I meant doubling the initial deposit. And the initial deposit earned should be withdrawn every month. I.e. in one year the profit can be 10 initial deposits. And two, let us say, we lost.

khorosh:
I meant doubling the initial deposit. And the earned initial deposit should be withdrawn each month. I.e. the profit for a year can be 10 initial deposits. And two, let us say, we lost.

There have been a lot of such rip-offs. The deposits will be lost much more often, and after each loss it will be necessary to fill up the initial one again, reducing profits.

Martingale has already been studied, and its essence has been known for a long time. The total mathematical expectation of winning the TS it does not change. It only reduces the number of small frequent losses by increasing the large and rare. Accordingly, the only way to stay in profit with a Martin - is to stop trading before this largest and rarest loss occurs. Not to "withdraw profit," namely to stop trading. In this case, yes, some relatively small profit is very likely.

George Merts:

There have been a lot of such rip-offs. The deposits will be lost much more often, and after each loss it will be necessary to fill up the initial one again, reducing profits.

Martingale has already been studied, and its essence has been known for a long time. The total mathematical expectation of winning the TS it does not change. It only reduces the number of small frequent losses by increasing the large and rare. Accordingly, the only way to stay in profit with a Martin - is to stop trading before this largest and rarest loss occurs. Not to "withdraw profit," namely to stop trading. In this case, yes, some relatively small profit is very likely.

This is what I am testing on my new Expert Advisor. I have already earned one initial deposit. For now I am relying on hopes). In the tester exp after one year optimization semi-annual forward is successful. I will see what will happen next.

I haven't found my luck with Martingale, although it seemed worthwhile initially.

Evgeniy Sergeev:
I haven't found my luck with Martingale, although it seemed worthwhile at first.
How long have you been marting?

In trade, as in war, all means are good:) All this, including Uncle Martin's methods work fine on history.

In real trading, using Martin is very risky, especially in a dollar account.

I think everybody goes through this: when I transfer to a dollar account, I'll risk less, while the cent account needs more gain, and if I lose, it's not a great loss. Aren't we kidding ourselves?!

Goodbye Uncle Martin, you've been fun, but your time is over, it's time for conservative trading.

khorosh:
One initial deposit has already been earned. For now, yes, I'm feeding my hopes). In the tester, the exp after a year of optimisation, the semi-annual forward passes successfully. I will see what will happen next.
What is the size of this deposit? If it's less than $1000, it's not interesting... And means you don't believe Martin, even though you defend him.

The account should be $1,000 but in cents, you get 100,000 cents. SL and TP 1 on 2. SL 100 pips TP 200 pips. After a rollback of 300 to 500 pips, enter against. The deposit will hold 15 SL. This is 1,500 pips. If there are doubts after 8-9 ate SL, we decrease TP by 100 points. 100 on 100 points turns out. Upon reaching 100 points TP you exit without any losses, that is zero (the market is 100 points descending in your direction). And you continue in the same vein to finish the market until it gives you what you want. All you praise Uncle Martin, but you don't have a 100% working strategy. All of you are sitting in the red or with small profits. Try this method and see it works. Uncle Martin, I'm with you. I'M WITH YOU, AND HE WHO IS NOT WITH US IS AGAINST US.

There is a 2 per cent rule. I think if you apply it, the risk will be profitable.

What is the 2 per cent rule?