Basic questions from a newcomer - page 6

Leanid Aladzyeu:
Not in any way.

Leonid, can't the EA itself be used to reset the cache results?

It's just that the question arose for the simple reason that the same parameters are optimised, nothing changes. Each run (stupidly one after another) gives a different result from the previous one. Five runs with the same parameters, five results. This is not normal, is it?

Kilyana:

Leonid, isn't it possible to add zeroing of cache results to the Expert Advisor itself?

It's just that the question arose for the simple reason that the same parameters are optimised, nothing changes. Every run (just one after another) gives us a different result. Five runs with the same parameters, five results. This is not normal, is it?

The Expert Advisor has been run in the tester and has been tested against ticks ? If so, the ticks are accidentally modelled inside a candle in the tester( there is notick history, there is only opening, closing, high and low of a candle), hence the always different results.

Kilyana:

Leonid, isn't it possible to add zeroing of cache results to the Expert Advisor itself?

It's just that the question arose for the simple reason that the same parameters are optimised, nothing changes. Every run (just one after another) gives us a different result. Five runs with the same parameters, five results. It's not normal, is it?

You can remove them manually. They are located in folder "\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\*HASH*\tester\caches"
Well, or add deleting these files during initialization. Say, if the owl is run in test mode, delete files at this path. Although I am not sure about this method, I think the tester loads the optimization results before the actual launch of the EA.

Vladimir Zubov:
In the tester, has the Expert Advisor been run and tested by ticks? If so, the ticks are modelled inside the candle in the tester( there is notick history, there is only opening, closing, high and low of the candle), hence the always different results.
In a normal tester, yes. If you use a tester with 99% accuracy, there is a tick history. But it is a painful process, of course. Download ticks, convert them, patch the terminal...

Good evening.

I need help to writean EA in mql5 that works on an ishimoku indicator and displays a message window when tenkan and kinjun are crossed.

first_may:

Good evening.

I need help to writean EA in mql5 that works on an ishimoku indicator and displays a message window when tenkan and kinjun are crossed.

Have you seen theiIchimoku example itself?

Karputov Vladimir:
Have you looked at theiIchimoku example itself?
Yes, I did. But, frankly speaking, it is very difficult. It was easier in mql4. That is why I asked for help.

first_may:
Yes, I did. But, to be honest, it's hard. It was easier in mql4. That is why I asked for help.
Create a new Expert Advisor. In OnInit() create an indicator handle. And the crossover will be checked on which bar?

Karputov Vladimir:
Create a new EA. In OnInit() create an indicator handle. And what bar will be used for the crossover?
On zero. But the alert should be given only once.

first_may:
On zero. But the alert has to be issued once.
Do you have any idea how many messages on the zero bar? So far, the homework is to prepare an EA.

Karputov Vladimir:
Do you have any idea how many times there can be a message on the zero bar? Anyway, so far the homework is to billet the EA.
I can imagine. Will there be one message on the first bar? We can do it on it then.