a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 82

2 Rosh and others

Don't you guys think you're getting too caught up in the SCR23>SCO condition. ....
IMHO

Yes I told long ago that this condition is strange, and frankly I did not find where Vladislav told about it, although maybe I searched badly? I think he said so
Another thing I do - I choose approximation construction period (not the whole sample, but about 2/3, extrapolate the last third and compare with real prices obtained, if we don't fall out of confidence interval, then we use this approximation for further extrapolations, but it refers to implementation and methods of iterative algorithms stability increase).

By the way I commented on it long ago. And all the pictures I showed were without this condition.

And about convergence conditions I thought about it for a long time, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

Vladislav 19.04.06 14:05 <br / translate="no">
.... quite ignoring the existence and provability of the central limit theorem of statistics - any convergent distribution (which means that the area under the distribution curve is finite - more strictly: the non-self integral converges) converges to normal with increasing degrees of freedom. So you do not really care about the shape of the curve to estimate the area - it is sufficient that the number is finite - then the estimates can be applied.

Did he approximate the distribution curve by Taylor's series, then integrated it and looked if the integral converges or not, in short, the further into the woods the more firewood.

2 Rosh and others

Don't you guys think you're getting too hung up on the RMS23>SCO condition. This is essentially just a convergence criterion, and convergence by itself can neither be a channel identification condition, nor a tipping point condition.
Moreover, the channel selection algorithm that has been investigated here for several pages assumes that recalculation is performed on every new bar. The result, as you have all seen, is that the channels float. So it turns out that you are applying RMS23>RMSCO criterion every time to other channels. But at the same time you compare them to each other. I think this is just an example of not very correct optimization. We all know that whichever piece of history we take, we can always find parameters for which even a bad EA will be profitable.

It seems, but we have to look at it from all sides. It's just that such a simple frontal route is less labor-intensive, an alternative algorithm has already formed in my mind, but the very idea of starting to implement it frightens me with the complexity of the algorithm :)
So far, here's the calculation of Kinetic Energy. Next are Potential and Hamilton Friction, then we will see. Of course there is also solandr' s parabola check, but all these things are technically simple. When I run out of simple variants, I will move on to complex ones.

Yurixx:
... convergence in itself can be neither a condition of channel identification nor a condition of determining tipping points.
Moreover, the channel selection algorithm that has been explored here for several pages assumes that recalculation is done at each new bar. The result, as you have all seen, is that the channels float. So it turns out that you are applying RMS23>RMSCO criterion every time to other channels. But at the same time you compare them to each other. I think this is just an example of not very correct optimisation...

The question is whether the channels are real objects. If they are (it is what I am inclined to believe so far), then the instability of characteristics in time only proves that there is no invariant among these characteristics. Your algorithm, explicitly or implicitly, assumes that at any given moment the market can be described by a fixed number of parameters (3-4 channels) and they should be recalculated only in case of an obvious inconsistency (breakdown). If at that moment, for example, 5 channels exist in the market, not taking into account one of them will lead to incorrect estimation of probabilities. As for the "notorious" :) condition RMS23>RMS, it looks too strict. And it's not about wanting more channels (for intraday games, for example), but it's about the above-mentioned possibility of losing a real object.

2 Rosh

And what did you choose as the charge (mass for the gravitational field, electric charge for the electric field, etc.) when calculating the kinetic energy of the price (or energy of what is shown on the graph). The velocity, I think, is the ratio of the price difference of the beginning and the end of the channel to its length, although it is not unambiguous at all.

Potential, it is possible that there is an error in the formulas

By the way, I want to clarify that when I say time, I mean the following: Let the graph currently contain N bars. After a time equal to the period of the chart, it will contain N+1 bars, then N+2, etc. So, all I have been saying lately is that the channels selected at each of these moments will have different characteristics and this is the problem of selection. That is, the problem of choice is the problem of finding an invariant. And either I do not understand, or nobody has spoken on this subject until now.

2 Rosh

And what did you choose as the charge (mass for gravitational field, electric charge for electric field, etc.) when calculating the kinetic energy of the price (or energy of what is shown in the graph). The velocity, I think, is the ratio of the price difference of the beginning and the end of the channel to its length, although it is not unambiguous at all.

The mass for kinetic energy is 1 , as for potential energy.

Anyway, it's not clear what you get.

Now I have seen an interesting situation - there are no channels at 15 min Eura. I've had an error before that caused a division to zero and stopped the channel calculation. I thought it was something like that again. I looked at two other charts - everything was normal there. I started using all versions of the indicator and the script on the chart - there are no channels, that is all. Then I realized - at 3000 bars depth (that's how it counts for me) condition SKO23>SCO is fulfilled!!!
And as my algorithm is based on change of sign (SPR23-SCO), the program was not able to detect the only channel.
So that's the problem. While I was thinking and wanted to make a screenshot of this unique situation, a new bar was born and one channel appeared. Then I decided to increase the depth to 10000 and the second channel appeared. The fact is that the second series of channels ends beyond the 3000 bar mark!!!

Candid 12.07.06 13:15
By the way, I want to clarify that when I say time, I mean the following: Let the graph currently contain N bars. After a time equal to the period of the chart, it will contain N+1 bars, then N+2, etc. So, all I have been saying lately is that the channels selected at each of these moments will have different characteristics and this is the problem of selection. That is, the problem of selection is the problem of finding an invariant. And either I don't understand, or nobody has spoken on this topic so far. <br/ translate="no">

Candid, it's silly to argue with this, but which option do you suggest? I see 3 immediate challenges at the moment.
1. To run the script on the history and build an indicator of the number of channels on each bar (will depend on the depth of search)
2. --//---- and build an indicator of average likelihood (oscillator type), - will depend on the number of channels and/or depth of search.
3. Build swings on the history (on the diaries) and build channels on them. In these channels analyze various characteristics for the identification of the stability criterion.

General considerations:
1) the shorter the channel - the less RMS/(RMS23) it will have, but at the same time the probability of its destruction will be higher.
2) We need a criterion for fixing the left border of the channel
3) We need a criterion for destroying the channel (I think we have one)